Early Memories

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What’s your earliest memory?

Some people have memories going back to the crib. My first memory seems to be a bit around 3ish with my mom rocking me and singing "You are my Sunshine." After that it's a bit of a fragment here and there until about the age of 5.

How about you?

I knew someone would answer with that, just wasn't sure which ornery one it would be! lol
lol. actually like you said, bits and pieces from around 3 or 4, with more connected and longer running memories at around 5 years old. its weird thinking back to the first house I remember as a child and not being able to remember anything before that time....

Reactions: Debi
I don't remember how old I was but I wasn't even five but I remember all the times I spent with my older sister when we were growing up. There wasn't much of any sibling rivalry there if any, but we were as tight as two siblings could be. Now as adults, we hardly see or talk to one another.

I remember seein a wolf standing outside my crib!!!! No lie. I screemed for mom and she came and asked what was wrong. I must have been 2 and i dont remember what I told her or if she believed me. When I was older I reminded her of that and she said I had been watching the werewolf movie with my granny before going to bed. what I saw was not a human thing. It was a wolf. that is my earliest memory. I once knew a medicine man who became my friend. I asked him about this, He said it was my grandmother watching over me. I dont know but I am wierd and havent had a normal life being a mixed blood with lits of hill folks in the background. I am proud of it thought.

I’ve posted to the PNF about this before. I died during my birth and was resuscitated after delivery.

I’ve had frequently recurring dreams into my very late 20s which I think either represent memories of my birth or of my death.

i have a couple of strong remembrances from age three and a whole lot from age four forward. My Brother who is 12 years older than me is amazed at how accurately I recall those toddler memories.

Mine's a bit like Debi's.I remember my mum singing to me,I was younger than 1 and the song was Karen Carpenter's "close to you" ,when I hear this song,even today 56 years later,I get an overwhelming feeling of love and security.