Does getting older...

50...pffft. You've just hit the good part, me boy. Hey, ever notice they don't make "wrinkle creams" for men? Know why? Cuz you guys just get that chiseled graggy look we all like! And a few gray hairs look refined and wise. :)
56215932.jpg

Reactions: Debi
Ya know, old people who live long and active lives have left me some clues as to how they do it, and became role models. There is a retired dentist I used to play golf with. When I get rained out of a job, I'll walk 36 holes a day. Doc was a rainy day walker to. 18 holes. He was in his 80's somewhere. Could pass for 70.:) He never finished a meal. Never had more than 2 drinks. Walked. Had a sunny disposition. My brother's neighbor walked the Indiana Dunes daily, and was active in his 90's. Both of my grandpa's both lived active lives right up until they died at 93. Both men lived outside. Pop with work & working out, Grampie w/ his hundred hobbies. One never read anything but a Racing Form, the other read everything. (I like both :p). Both quit drinking and smoking early in life. One was a heavy duty Catholic, one an agnostic.:confused: One lived large, and traveled the World. The other not so much, but traveled the World. Both loved nature.
Anybody see stuff like this?

Ya know, old people who live long and active lives have left me some clues as to how they do it, and became role models. There is a retired dentist I used to play golf with. When I get rained out of a job, I'll walk 36 holes a day. Doc was a rainy day walker to. 18 holes. He was in his 80's somewhere. Could pass for 70.:) He never finished a meal. Never had more than 2 drinks. Walked. Had a sunny disposition. My brother's neighbor walked the Indiana Dunes daily, and was active in his 90's. Both of my grandpa's both lived active lives right up until they died at 93. Both men lived outside. Pop with work & working out, Grampie w/ his hundred hobbies. One never read anything but a Racing Form, the other read everything. (I like both :p). Both quit drinking and smoking early in life. One was a heavy duty Catholic, one an agnostic.:confused: One lived large, and traveled the World. The other not so much, but traveled the World. Both loved nature.
Anybody see stuff like this?
One of my heroes was a lady named Theresa. 100 years old and still got up daily, did her exercises, took her walk around the facility, wore a tiara she was given on her 100th birthday because she said she "earned" the right and was queen of the place, sharp as a tack and belly laughed at everything. Asked her how she made it so long. She told me, straight faced mind you, "I eat half of what I'm supposed to, got rid of the husband, and do what I want to do!"

Before she passed at the age of 103, she handed me her tiara. She told me to pass it on to each staff member as they turned 50 to remind them they were only halfway there!
Each staff member passed it on to the next. As far as I know, it's still being passed on with Theresa's wisdom! lol

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
"I eat half of what I'm supposed to,
That ain't just confirmation bias. I like vegetables. Little girl next door does to. We were at a picnic. She's 10 years old. Found a kindred spirit.:) Since veg doesn't have enough calories to count, I don't. And the little girl may lap your friend Theresa !:cool: 2 gallons of salad and 2 1/2 gallons of 'hard' veg every week. Past 30 years.:cool:
PS. My fabulous food forays are cheater meals.;) I just need to make them special.:) And when I go overboard, I make darn sure to work it off.:(
This longevity thing can be a real thing.:)

Reactions: Debi