Does getting older...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
DOES GETTING OLDER FREE YOU TO DO THE THINGS YOU REALLY WANT TO DO? DOES IT SCARE YOU? OR DOES IT RELEASE YOU TO BE TRUE TO YOURSELF? ARE YOU LESS WORRIED TO SAY WHAT YOU REALLY FEEL AND NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK?

16832218_1404644482927995_178535837088152153_n.jpg

I've found that getting older has freed me to say and do things without worrying about what others may think of me. Heck, it's me....I've finally learned to just go do and say what I will! Without rudeness, of course! Always respectful!

And I'd wear that outfit in a heartbeat! lol

Reactions: Paintman
Growing older is NOT a bed of roses. In my mind, I am still a 20+ year old person, but my body does not listen to my mind at all, and aging is not fun.

As to saying what I think, I have never had an issue doing that, lol. I have always said and done what I truly thought, and have not cared what others thought of me. I have always been tactful, and those close to me have always appreciated my honest thoughts and opinions. Besides, if someone disagreed with me, oh well, they were WRONG, LOL....:eek::confused::D:D

I definitely feel freer and have more time to do stuff, however it takes longer and I don't have the energy I used to. I would trade these times to be young again but I happily make the best of each stage in life.

Just turned 50. Yup, it's playing w/ my mind more than I thought it would. That said, I fight it tooth & nail. I work out like a demon, still eat pretty clean, play sports, chop wood for a hobby, freely lie about my age.:p And, I have arranged my life so I can be outside as much as possible. An office job would kill me. I'm glad I figured that one out in my early 20's.:)
When I noticed my whiskers coming in grey, I am always clean shaven.:D And you betcha those grey chest hairs get plucked !
And, like clockwork, Lynne has the adult perspective......................:(:p

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Hey Noble, I thought about you a few weeks ago. This is my favorite Italian restaurant. It is in the theater district, and the walls are covered in celebrity pictures - with a heavy emphasis on past and present Opera singers. You'd flip. It's like a museum.http://italianvillage-chicago.com/
I always order a large pizza w/ everything and a glass of milk:cool:

italian-village.jpg

Just turned 50. Yup, it's playing w/ my mind more than I thought it would. That said, I fight it tooth & nail. I work out like a demon, still eat pretty clean, play sports, chop wood for a hobby, freely lie about my age.:p And, I have arranged my life so I can be outside as much as possible. An office job would kill me. I'm glad I figured that one out in my early 20's.:)
When I noticed my whiskers coming in grey, I am always clean shaven.:D And you betcha those grey chest hairs get plucked !
And, like clockwork, Lynne has the adult perspective......................:(:p
50...pffft. You've just hit the good part, me boy. Hey, ever notice they don't make "wrinkle creams" for men? Know why? Cuz you guys just get that chiseled graggy look we all like! And a few gray hairs look refined and wise. :)

Reactions: Paintman