Does constant mind chatter implies possession???

Mandar kumthekar

Reaction score
I have a tendency of over thinking and mind chattering. But past year or so my mind chattering business has been out of control ,as though I lost control and somebody else is speaking in my head. No matter how hard I try to stop chattering it never stops. I take prescription medication for sleep ,so for last two weeks or so I could sleep well and that a good thing. But do you guys think mind chattering has to do with something paranormal like possession or premonition ,something long these lines?
Any expert who can tell me what is it and how to stop it? Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks!!

I have a tendency of over thinking and mind chattering. But past year or so my mind chattering business has been out of control ,as though I lost control and somebody else is speaking in my head. No matter how hard I try to stop chattering it never stops. I take prescription medication for sleep ,so for last two weeks or so I could sleep well and that a good thing. But do you guys think mind chattering has to do with something paranormal like possession or premonition ,something long these lines?
Any expert who can tell me what is it and how to stop it? Any advice would be welcomed! Thanks!!
Mandar, we all have an inner ongoing conversation in our minds. This is normal. Normally this mind chatter is in the background and we don't really notice we're having this inner conversation so much. Some days I feel like I've been talking like crazy and then someone in my family will ask if I'm OK because I've been really quiet. lol

Normally, this kind of mind speak is not paranormal in nature unless you are actually hearing other voices which are telling you to do something. Then it's time to have a mental and physical health check first because there are illnesses that can and do cause this type of thing and that cause would need to be ruled out before you look at a paranormal basis for it.

How long have you experienced this chattering vs taking the prescription. Did it get worse when you started?

What are the voices saying? Are they your voice?

Hi Mandar and welcome. Let me approach this from a purely psychological perspective.
Do you tend to dwell on things? For example your health, family, finances, job or your relationship with others and your relationship with yourself?

How long have you experienced this chattering vs taking the prescription. Did it get worse when you started?

What are the voices saying? Are they your voice?
Yes they are my voices but I think like I am manipulated by some other thing,its my intuition though.

Hi Mandar and welcome. Let me approach this from a purely psychological perspective.
Do you tend to dwell on things? For example your health, family, finances, job or your relationship with others and your relationship with yourself?
Yeah! Almost . how can i stop it?

What brings you to the forum, Mandar? Interest in the paranormal or have you had some experiences?

Have you tried meditation ? Many meditation exercises teach you to focus on breathing and energy to quiet the mind.
Yeah ,I am practicing slow deep breathing technique. In was worse a month ago now it is under control. But inwnt to note outwardly than inwardly. Want to focus mind more on outer world than inner world.

Reactions: Lynne
Yeah ,I am practicing slow deep breathing technique. In was worse a month ago now it is under control. But inwnt to note outwardly than inwardly. Want to focus mind more on outer world than inner world.
Keeping busy and your mind occupied on other things should help too.

Reactions: Mandar kumthekar
In my opinion you should look into meditating more. It is more that focused breathing...do some reaserch about guided meditation.

Reactions: Mandar kumthekar