Do You Feel It?

That's the curse of people. We can't leave anything alone. Blank space? Parking lot and Dollar General! Ocean? Meh, windmill farms as far as the eye can see!
Double-edge sword in my case. I need things to be built to provide them with electric. We are born into living this way and there's the curse.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
Double-edge sword in my case. I need things to be built to provide them with electric. We are born into living this way and there's the curse.
Same for everyone, we need to work to live but if there were less people we wouldn't need as much money and there would be plenty of resources. I really think people live too highly, in Oz anyway with young couples having two or three cars, speedboats, brand new houses and every luxury. It was a better place when I was young, not many could even afford a decent car but it was a happier place.

Reactions: Selectric
Same for everyone, we need to work to live but if there were less people we wouldn't need as much money and there would be plenty of resources. I really think people live too highly, in Oz anyway with young couples having two or three cars, speedboats, brand new houses and every luxury. It was a better place when I was young, not many could even afford a decent car but it was a happier place.
Electric vehicles are being,pushed heavily lately. Sure, they are nice, but once the battery goes, blows up or needs to be disposed of, that could be a problem. Also, it may not require fuel, but it does require fossil fuels to charge lol.

Reactions: ozentity
that is the curse indeed, we are all guilty, whether we realize it or not, and oz you are right too, too many people having to keep up with the jones's...bigger fancier cars, bigger houses, the "look what i got" materialistic mentality... heck with the environment, wildlife, the planet in general...as long as the image can remain and their own little bubble can grow bigger and fancier...... this is now a world where most only focus on their own 15 minutes of fame and are completely clueless to their contribution to the demise of all around them.... i know for most of us, as we get older, the material things we realize are just a waste, something we spent our time chasing that would have been time better spent living, that we are not defined by our possesions but by who we are as a person.... i have seen this realization in a lot of the youth now, so maybe there is hope yet........... at least i would like to think so

that is the curse indeed, we are all guilty, whether we realize it or not, and oz you are right too, too many people having to keep up with the jones's...bigger fancier cars, bigger houses, the "look what i got" materialistic mentality... heck with the environment, wildlife, the planet in general...as long as the image can remain and their own little bubble can grow bigger and fancier...... this is now a world where most only focus on their own 15 minutes of fame and are completely clueless to their contribution to the demise of all around them.... i know for most of us, as we get older, the material things we realize are just a waste, something we spent our time chasing that would have been time better spent living, that we are not defined by our possesions but by who we are as a person.... i have seen this realization in a lot of the youth now, so maybe there is hope yet........... at least i would like to think so
We are pretty much destined to live within the culture we have created. Most of us live in areas that are not condusive to life without energy to keep us warm or cool or to grow food. I will admit to not wanting to hall water or live without a bathroom. I like having heat in winter. I can understand why we have gotten to this point. I think if everyone would conserve a little, we could find a balance. This may never happen, and things may wrap up and we will move off this planet but, in the meantime, please don't take my running water and furnace.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Paulm