Describe your...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
28378003_1991654444229944_2788273527358239226_n.jpg

My mother's kitchen always had the smell of burning something...lol She liked to make sure her food was well done! Which is why I learned to cook in self defense at an early age! Now, Grandma's kitchen was epic. She owned a restaraunt, was the head cook, and she made everything smell and taste delicious! She was always cooking something, and walking into her home was like walking into the restaraunt! Your mouth would water! Always immaculant, clean as a they come, never a pot out of place at her house. Mom's kitchen usually looked like a war zone.

Best thing about Grandma's kitchen is she wasn't afraid to let you jump in and learn. It was Croation/German/Polish cooking that I grew up on, coming from Da Region of Chicagoland. I'm a darn good cook now, but I have never been able to reach her level. Some people just have a natural sense of food, and Grandma was one of those for sure. Love, and calories, came out of there.

When your plate was almost empty, here she'd come with another scoop of something, and you better never turn it down! Her way of showing love was to feed you until your pants exploded. :p

My moms kitchen in the home I grew up in was very 70’s. She had red and white striped velvet wallpaper. She had a giant ceramic rooster on the wall. Round table in wood grain veneer top. My mom was an ok cook. No special feelings in regards to the room. I’m not much of a cook today myself. My daughter on the other hand has a great love for it. Probably because of her childhood filled with happy meals and pizza lol.

OMG...how could I forget the rooster?! Yup! Mom had one of those, too. I think everyone's kitchen had a chicken or rooster in it somewhere.
I’m not joking when I say it was giant. I think the thing was about 4 feet tall.

Reactions: Debi
Well, I joined the Rooster Club in my kitchen. It was either roosters or apples.:). Complete with the rooster curtains, ceramic rooster, rooster cookie jar, pot holders with roosters.... And White Sox stuff on top of the fridge.:D
IMG_20180226_003049751.jpg

Last edited: