COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this Govenor's pro-action. He got criticized a few weeks ago for his orders, but not anymore !

I first met DeWine as a high school junior when he was the prosecutor here in Greene Co, our Civics class sat in on a murder case he was prosecuting. When I met him, I realized he and and family attended our (then) parish. Our paths have crossed multiple times, both professionally and personally, over the past 40+ years.

Fifteen years or so ago when he was in the US Senate, we just happened to sit next to one another on a late night flight from DC to Dayton. Much to my surprise, he remembered me and struck up a conversation. He didn't recall my name, but remembered me from an issue I'd asked him to help me with when he was a member of Ohio Senate twenty years earlier. When I called him " Senator," he immediately told me to call him "Mike."

He's a class act and really down to Earth. I'm glad he's Governor right now, I have faith in him.

Keep checking those smelly armpits.

Lost sense of smell may be peculiar clue to coronavirus infection

A mother who was infected with the coronavirus couldn’t smell her baby’s full diaper. Cooks who can usually name every spice in a restaurant dish can’t smell curry or garlic, and food tastes bland. Others say they can’t pick up the sweet scent of shampoo or the foul odor of kitty litter.

Anosmia, the loss of sense of smell, and ageusia, an accompanying diminished sense of taste, have emerged as peculiar telltale signs of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and possible markers of infection.
--------------------------
Source for whole article
Lost sense of smell may be peculiar clue to coronavirus infection

Reactions: Benway
Are the higher percentage rates of death due to the older populations ? I know all ages are affected and die, but it seems to hit older folks harder and especially older folks who have an underlying condition such as COPD .
Florida college students test positive for coronavirus after going on spring break

"Nearly one-third of confirmed cases in the U.S., and 20% of those hospitalized, were between the ages 20 and 44, according to CDC data released last week.

So younger adults actually accounted for a large portion of the hospitalizations. Spring-breakers who did not practice social distancing could have done more damage than they thought."

This is where people have the disconnect on what is happening. They keep looking at the death rate. Stop it. Look at how we are keeping people alive who get it....they are ON VENTS to get them through it and keep them alive to recover. And younger folks simply survive vents better. We need to be looking at the hospitalization numbers, because THAT is where the truth of it is. THAT is what is overwhelming the health system right now.

Another truth....we can't get the supplies to our hospitals because when the FEMA trucks arrive to pick them up, they have been sold to other sources coming in with cash. I'm watching several reports of this right now. The NY health system is already buckling.

As for the most vulnerable, the people with heart conditions may be having the high rate of death because of certain meds they are taking already to control blood pressure/heart problems. ACE and ARB meds seem to be at the core of that issue. Plus the fact this virus causes an extreme increase in heart rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway
Status
Not open for further replies.