COVID-19 Information updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, just give me my minute of fun!
I read another doctor commenting on this, that it may be that he was reinfected because it was a different strain of Covid-19 each time, rather than the same one twice. I hope so!
A different strain still means it's Covid. There are currently 30 known strains of it out there. (Sorry I burst your bubble!)

• Sad
Reactions: Benway
Let's clear up the latest false info, shall we? This is how a death certificate works, folks.

There’s a stunningly wrong statistic being passed around, saying that the CDC “admitted” that only 6% of documented COVID-19 deaths were actually from the virus. This is wrong, and is the kind of thing that you can only conclude if you don’t know how death certificates work. The deaths were all from COVID, and about 95% of them had the coronavirus as the original cause of illness.

Reactions: Paintman
The stunningly wrong statistic was used as a straw man argument by The Washington Post, misquoting those who they wanted to attack for political reasons. W/P just didn't include that caveat when they went to press and all the other papers will pick it up as gospel.

This stopped being about Covid-19 a long time ago.
Real disease. Real dead, Realpolitik, as our Russian friends say.
As my personal opinion, the politicized collection of data will take years to figure what really happened.
We got played.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.