Technology Chips in soldier's brains

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://fusion.net/story/204316/darpa-is-implanting-chips-in-soldiers-brains/

For decades, DARPA, the secretive research arm of the Department of Defense, has dreamed of turning soldiers into cyborgs. And now it’s finally happening. The agency has funded projects that involve implanting chips into soldiers’ brains that they hope will enhance performance on the battlefield and repair traumatized brains once the fog of war has lifted.

But creating super soldiers isn’t the only thing that DARPA is trying to do. In a new book, journalist Annie Jacobsen reports on government scientists’ hope that implanting chips in soldiers will unlock the secrets of artificial intelligence, and allow us to give machines’ the kind of higher-level reasoning that humans can do.

“When you see all of these brain mapping programs going on, manyscientists wonder whether this will [be what it takes] to break that long-sought barrier of AI,” said Jacobsen, whose new book “The Pentagon’s Brain,” is about the history of DARPA.

More at site

Say what? Not just no, but HELL no!!!!!

I have often thought about this too, I also stated to someone I was discussing it with that when the software for the chip was being upgraded we would probably have a long pause and just stare off into nothing and drool until the update was finished downloading and installing.

Reactions: surge and 7Critter
I have often thought about this too, I also stated to someone I was discussing it with that when the software for the chip was being upgraded we would probably have a long pause and just stare off into nothing and drool until the update was finished downloading and installing.
That is a disturbing picture you present there....the scary thing is it's not only possible but probable.

That is a disturbing picture you present there....the scary thing is it's not only possible but probable.
Well, we kind of do that now calling it either a power nap or a good night's sleep. Although, I find my pithy observation no salve to the scare of some one other than myself doing the programming and scheduling.
The best visual we have is the sight of that huge spike entering the back of Neo's head for his upload of skills in The Matrix.

The best visual we have is the sight of that huge spike entering the back of Neo's head for his upload of skills in The Matrix.
Like THAT visual makes it any better! lol ***shiver***

Reactions: DoTell
Thought...
Maybe we should be pursuing a different direction.....
practice on elected politicians....
when we achieve a rational, patriotic, ethical, honest, etc...human
WE CAN CALL IT A SUCCESS
(would it be better for us as a country to have a "super" solider OR A SUPER ELECTED GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL)
think about it......

Reactions: Paintman and DoTell
Thought...
Maybe we should be pursuing a different direction.....
practice on elected politicians....
when we achieve a rational, patriotic, ethical, honest, etc...human
WE CAN CALL IT A SUCCESS
(would it be better for us as a country to have a "super" solider OR A SUPER ELECTED GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL)
think about it......

I like this idea.......

Reactions: curandero81