British Big Cat Photo

I've been seeing these stories for a few years now. The last looked like a large house cat. However, I dont doubt that Big cats could be there...
There's been many sightings over the years. Absolutely some are far away pics of bigger house cats, but there are up close and personal accounts from every walk of life including military.

There's been many sightings over the years. Absolutely some are far away pics of bigger house cats, but there are up close and personal accounts from every walk of life including military.
Back in the early 80s, a Royal Marine sniper team was tasked with taking out a big cat (or something) that was killing sheep in large numbers around Devon. I've read a couple different takes on the story, however.

According to one telling of the story, the RMs were assigned the task through the MoD, a military official mission. Another take was that RMs who showed were acting on their own after hearing about the "beast." If the latter, they probably weren't armed, at least with firearms.

In either case, they saw/killed nothing.

Back in the early 80s, a Royal Marine sniper team was tasked with taking out a big cat (or something) that was killing sheep in large numbers around Devon. I've read a couple different takes on the story, however.

According to one telling of the story, the RMs were assigned the task through the MoD, a military official mission. Another take was that RMs who showed were acting on their own after hearing about the "beast." If the latter, they probably weren't armed, at least with firearms.

In either case, they saw/killed nothing.
Hmmm, then i guess the story in here is bogus.

Hmmm, then i guess the story in here is bogus.
I hope not, that take on the story is far more interesting than the way I heard it while in the UK.

I spent a good amount of time in the UK on business, we always stayed in one of a number of towns in Buckinghamshire. We heard lots of stories about the "Beast of Bucks" big cat sightings. The locals certainly believed there was something out there.

In the 70s-80s owning big cats was a thing there. Alot were turned loose when people realized the got big and could be mean or seriously hurt you during just a play session. Also big cats can live 25yrs and that's alot of meat to feed everyday. So im betting on alot of the sightings being misidentified or exotic pet let loose.

The pic could have been taken of a real panther, there is no way to tell where it was taken. It could have been taken in a zoo, there is no background identification. I do believe these big cats are out there though. People get them illegally for pets and then they let them go at some point or they get loose. It wouldn't be hard for them to get by in the countryside living on bunnies and small game.