Boy on Bicycle Disappears??

Just Curious

Reaction score
I'ma jump in with both feet here. Been reading through some of the extraordinary accounts on this forum lately, and figured I'd share a strange event from a couple months ago, and see what y'all think.

First, I'll qualify myself as generally open minded, but skeptical of most encounters reported as paranormal. I'm a religious agnostic, and I guess you could say the same about my position on the paranormal.

That said, I had an encounter in February that still makes me scratch my head. Nothing bad, a one-off deal, but still perhaps worthy of sharing with the forum.

I live in a single family house at the end of a street in the cul-de-saq. The street is roughly ~1,000 feet in length, and there are five houses on each side. Mine is the last on the right. Lots are large, and the houses are fairly well spaced... just to try to establish a little sense distance/scale perspective.

Early one cold Sunday morning, maybe 8:00ish, sun was up... I was in my driveway rolling back the bedliner cover on my pickup truck. It was so still and quiet out, you could have heard a pin drop in the neighborhood. Seemingly out of nowhere, a boy I've never seen before appears on a bicycle at the end of my driveway. I only noticed him when he yelled up to me, "Hi, I'm back." Even though I don't know who this kid is, and I'm certain he doesn't live on my street, I'm a friendly fella and engaged him in casual chat while I continued fussing with my truck bed.

My best estimate is that we chatted for maybe 30 - 60 seconds, about what I honestly cannot recall, as he did most of the chatting. My end was generally "Oh yeah?" "Nice to see you", and a couple other very generic acknowledgements of his presence. But I do remember him specifically declaring that he is "back", and that he had "gone away". I was preoccupied and paying him little attention, but I was certainly friendly.

He was a chatty li'l fella... so much so that I took notice when he stopped talking, and looked up. He was gone. Even in the moment, while busy with my truck bed, that struck me as odd. Kinda like, where the hell did he go?? Looked all the way down the street, in every yard, and up every driveway... no kid, no bike. Still pin drop quiet out. The f'ck was that about? Right?

I finish up in the driveway, and go back in the house. Wife's sitting in the front room, enjoying her coffee, with a crystal clear view of the street and end of our driveway. I asked her if she knew who that kid was, as I'd never seen him. "What kid?" she asks. What do you mean "what kid?"... the kid on the bike that was just talking to me out there. She looks at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears. "There's no kid out there" she said. Well not anymore, but the one who was out there a few minutes ago... now I'm getting irritated. Tells me she didn't see anybody but me... and she means it.

Huhhh... that's weird. You were in the front room all the while I was outside? "Yup". Then she jokes that I must have seen a ghost. We both chuckled, and that was that. At least for her... me? not so much. I thought it was weird as hell then, and still think was weird. I honestly cannot explain where that kid went so fast. Maybe it's nothing, but I've not seen that kid since. Obviously this is not a critical tale, but having read through many of the other stories here, I felt safe to share.

Curious how anyone hear might consider this event from a paranormal perspective, if at all?? Since I'm fairly certain the kid didn't just peddle away, completely out of sight, at light speed. Anyway, I just wanted to open a new discussion, and introduce myself. :eek:

Last edited:
Welcome just curious!
Thanks for sharing. And it is ok to have skepticism we all do.
Now after reading your story/experience it sounds more like a unusual but yet repetitive action of a ghost. It said hi I am back but was gone for awhile, but I will be back.
If you didn't feel uncomfortable/ nerves just down tight Creeped out wouldn't worry to much.

Welcome to the forum, and glad you posted. Well, from a paranormal point of view, this is not a scene unheard of. IF, and that's a big if, the child was a spirit and not physical, you might want to check out the history in the area. It's possible if a child of that age died in the area and might manifest in such a way, doing the things he used to do when alive. Most sightings of children, especially a happy chatty one, have a physical explanation, but those of the paranormal kind do happen from time to time. The fact he was visible only to you might mean you were more receptive to his appearance while the wife was not as open to it due to her being in the house and not hearing the voice.

I'm inclined to agree, about it being a ghost. You might want to follow the suggestion about finding out if a kid that age died around there any time in the past. You have certainly come to the right place to ask this type of question because we all have experienced outright weird things as well! BTW, welcome to PNF!

Most ghost are either
1 residual replays there last day/s before death.
2 stick around to get someone to help them finish what they need
Get a message across- solve a crime ect.....
3 they just love the place and don't wanna leave/or think they can not go to the light ect....
4 they were negative in life so it keeps them here
5 they come back to protect a love one.

Reactions: Just Curious
3 they just love the place and don't wanna leave/or think they can not go to the light ect....

This is an interesting thought because this area and neighborhood are especially easy to love. I bought my house 12 years ago, and have zero intention of ever leaving. Very peaceful, a little slice of heaven. Truly home. In fact, if there IS an afterlife, I could envision maybe even hanging around myself one day. :ghost:

Appreciate everyone’s input... I’m enjoying the site.

Last edited:
This is an interesting thought because this area and neighborhood are especially easy to love. I bought my house 12 years ago, and have zero intention of ever leaving. Very peaceful, a little slice of heaven. Truly home. In fact, if there IS an afterlife, I could envision maybe even hanging around myself one day. :ghost:

Appreciate everyone’s input... I’m enjoying the site.
If its such a nice place"a slice of heaven" the spirit was probably from a slice in time in the past.Maybe he's still alive but gone back to this happy place for a visit,astro traveling in time.Its just a thought, but its a very interesting paranormal experience you had and you must be an open person to have had this.

Welcome Curious. That’s a shocking event. I would be trying to remember everything he said to find an answer. Thanks for sharing. I don’t know what it was but it fits in the odd or paranormal for sure.

Whether he was a ghost, astral projection traveller, from another dimension, or some time slip victim, the bike is interesting to me. How common is it in each of those scenarios to bring a physical item like a bicycle along?

Specifically for "Just Curious," what can you tell us about the bike? Did it look like a modern model or something from the past like a 50's Schwinn or a 70's model with banana seat and monkey handlebars? Anything you noted about his clothes, something dated or out of style by today's standards?
swinger_bicycles_1970-e1421856945547.jpg 1952-schwinn-hornet-detail.jpg