Binge watching

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS, MANY PEOPLE BINGE WATCH TV AND MOVIES.
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING?
GOT A FAVORITE?

I tried binging on Monty Python but got voted down by the girls. They don't understand the accents and don't get most of the jokes. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Debi and Stevedog
My kids I binged the entire first season of a brand new animated show over the course of 3 days. Though to be fair it was only 10 episodes and they were about 25 minutes each. The show is called Hit Monkey, like Hitman but it's a monkey.

The basic premise involves a monkey who puts on a suit and tie, armed with guns and a katana, who hunts down and assassinates members of the Yakuza. It's actually based on a Marvel comic book and the kids and I thought it sounded delightfully absurd. We were expecting a toned down, made for TV action cartoon reminiscent of Deadpool. However it turned out to be a bit more, the show definitely has those elements but there is also mystery and political intrigue along with some good character development and a revenge/redemption character arc. At one point my daughter remarked that a show called Hit Monkey should not make her want to cry.

My wife did not watch the show with us, she saw bits and pieces vicariously as we watched but she didn't show any interest. However a few days before Christmas she had gone out with some friends and coworkers and at one point called to ask "what's the name of that weird monkey show you and the kids are watching?" Apparently she had mentioned that her being with friends meant we could keep binging the show, and after trying to describe why the show was too weird for her everyone wanted to know what it was called because it seemed like a fun show to them.

I tried getting into the animated Japanese series Food Wars. Gave it six episodes on my daughter's recommendation but couldn't get invested in it. Shallow characters and ridiculous plots. Just too far removed from anything I could relate to.

I’ve been catching up on Yellowstone. The first seasons were good but I fear they are jumping the shark to keep the action going.

• Sad
Reactions: garnetsilver
cobra kai, its a netflix series of the continuation of the karate kid movies from the 80's. hilarious and very well done with all the original actors from the 3 movies 35 years ago. amazing how the storyline plays out from the view of what back then was the "bad guy". (makes you realize that everyone has their demons to battle and nothing is as black and white as we would like to believe kinda thing ) very good series and well done. season 4 starts this week so binge watched the last season over the last week.

Last edited:
I will probably get sucked into this weekend's traditional Twighlight Zone Marathon.

Reactions: Lynne