Best Sci-fi or Paranormal TV show

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final season of Fringe is worth watching, and the whole story is wrapped up nicely. You should definitely watch it.

Oh good. I always hate when the writers mess up a storyline by ending a many years long show on the wrong foot. Seinfeld, Sorpranos anyone?
How much old Who have you seen? I know a lot of PBS stations picked the series up with the regeneration into Tom Baker... I never saw a Pertwee, Hartnell or Troughton episode until many years after I discovered the Doctor.
I saw Tom Baker and the Dr after him on PBS in the '90's. I was afraid to watch the new Dr Who because I was afraid that the new writers were going to muck everything up.

Interesting! I know someone who is from Colombia and is a Shaman. I thought she was a witch or a Santera when I met her, but she works with plants and plant spirits, and oils. A lot of her family also possess powers of premonition and can easily astral project. She astral projects also. I know all this may sound crazy to some people, but there is a lot of knowledge that most of us in the Western world do not know about because we consider it part of 'less civilized' cultures.
Oh, I truly believe in all the above! Never could astral project. My father was half Native American, Lenape' tribe (later swallowed up by the Oklahoma group of Cherokee) so I was raised around a lot of the things people consider crazy. I, for one, have seen too much to deny it's reality.

Interesting! Are you familiar with sweat lodges, or is that particular to another tribe?

Interesting! Are you familiar with sweat lodges, or is that particular to another tribe?
The Lenape', not so much. Lenape' are actually more from the Delaware area and NE. My father grew up in a time when you didn't discuss being Native. Although he looked Native, he often denied it for his German side. I had a grandmother who knew all the wisdom, and 8 uncles and an aunt who would pass along some knowledge now and then. But they all discussed premonition, spirits, etc., as just common, everyday occurances. I know basic herbal craft and have worked with elements, both in Native and Wicca.

I recently heard an old interview that Art did with Evelyn Paglini and she was saying how her craft is Stregga (sp?) and from old world Italy. It's interesting that there are so many traditions and ways to accomplish the same thing using many different kinds of magic.

Reactions: Debi
Evelyn is a Strega witch and I love to listen to her. And the reason you can accomplish the same outcome? Because it's all, repeat, ALL One Source. You can say the same prayer/spell in any language, and it all goes to that One Source. It's one energy/force and we're all connected.

Reactions: Naked Apple
I saw Tom Baker and the Dr after him on PBS in the '90's. I was afraid to watch the new Dr Who because I was afraid that the new writers were going to muck everything up.

Watch the new series! Christopher Eccleston played the Doctor as a darker character than anyone else, but it sort of made sense. David Tennant lightened things up, and Matt Smith far exceeded my expectations and is actually one of my favorite Doctors now.

Compliment and rulership accepted, but don't confuse my useless trivia with knowledge! I also know all the bands Ronnie James Dio was in, but it never seems to come up in conversation. :D

I can start a topic thread in the morning. Something to do with server redundancy, perhaps? Too dry?

Don't worry, I do have something in mind that won't close the board. At least I hope it won't!
Yooohoooo! Posting? :rolleyes:

Paranormal? I don't watch tv today except from Hulu and I get to pick and choose what I use as a time sink.

Back in my high school days there was a show called Friday the 13th the series........I loved that show...a little campy and little over the top but nothing today can beat its artistic merit IMO.

Sci Fi I love shows like the outer limits or Amazing stories . These 2 are very old tv shows as well.

Also in the general area of Scifi I enjoy the tv show Revolution. Life with no electricity.

9 9 times out of 100 I do not watch tv....I read or listen to audio books or podcats from C2C.

Reactions: Naked Apple
Paranormal? I don't watch tv today except from Hulu and I get to pick and choose what I use as a time sink.

Back in my high school days there was a show called Friday the 13th the series........I loved that show...a little campy and little over the top but nothing today can beat its artistic merit IMO.

Sci Fi I love shows like the outer limits or Amazing stories . These 2 are very old tv shows as well.

Also in the general area of Scifi I enjoy the tv show Revolution. Life with no electricity.

9 9 times out of 100 I do not watch tv....I read or listen to audio books or podcats from C2C.
I'm with you on radio or reading, Garravesh. I read 2 to 3 books a week. My hubs says I don't "read", I "inhale" them. As for TV shows, I remember Friday the 13th series. One of my other favorites was "One Step Beyond." (I remember the "old" ones cuz I'm as old as they are! lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.