Bedding

have you ever tried a GI ponch liner .....they are green too and not quite as expensive, but the best, most comfortable blanket youll ever get/use....... and they make ya feel safe too.........lol
Googling it now! lol

• Big Grin
Reactions: Paulm
I have a Memory foam mattress topper with Bamboo sheets. At the right temp, the topper will act as a sponge and it's almost like lying on a sheet of ice. It's chilly, but I'm out like a light. If it's hot for whatever reason, I'm not going to be getting the sleep I'd like that night.

It would be easier to list where I haven’t slept than have. My basic bedding is whatever my wife wants. We have an amazing….4 billion dollar mattress. She bundles up, I prefer less… covering. I use a standard medium pillow with my Cpap pillow on top.

However, my “bread and butter” is pictured here. My Military Extreme cold weather bag with foam inside has been my bread and butter, my goto for 20 years! It’s rated for 40 below zero. Slept on this bag 100’s of times…in all weather conditions. As you see, it’s set up in the cat room in case I goto bed early and need more rest. I have slept in just underwear in 21 deg weather and was warm as toast!

Attachments

• IMG_5083.jpeg
    IMG_5083.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
I used to be able to sleep with the dogs next to a camp fire. I now like a soft mattress, soft pillows, feather doona and I'd rather sleep by myself, sad really, lol.

I used to be able to sleep with the dogs next to a camp fire. I now like a soft mattress, soft pillows, feather doona and I'd rather sleep by myself, sad really, lol.
WORD. not the "sad" part. Actually I would like to sleep with the dogs by the campfire but with the set up you have now. I'll try anything, I've had the memory foam mattress, a waterbed,a vibrating mechanical bed and now I have an electric bed sans vibration,wool blankets, cashmere blankets ,toppers, duvets, toppers...In the 80's, I got a huge yak fur blanket In Bulgaria...weighed a ton...Looked like a Ghillie for a Yeti....and one more time I got strip searched at LAX. :0/.
I am open to trying anything bedding related. Have you ever tried an old-school southern great grandma feather bed?.....gives ya a big ol' hug...with percale sheets... ... but it's tricky since, I,too,spend most of my time on my bed/office/sofa/chair/kitchen table/dog bed. It is a HUGE deal,as you may have noticed...it is my quest. open to suggestions (besides telling me to shut the hell up! lol Actually you can say that too!)

Last edited:
I can sleep anywhere,anytime. 20+ yrs of working and living in the worst places in the world make a hard floor and a corner of a room a luxury...lol!
3 major rules I live by
Shower when you can.
Eat when you can.
Sleep when you can.
Because you never know when the opportunity to do these things will happen again.
James Michener had a character in one of his books who was an international sales engineer. I distinctly remember his five rules of the road, I followed them as best I could when I traveled.

You got three of them, the others were 1) never pass up an opportunity to use the toilet, and 2) never turn down....ah...companionship.

James Michener had a character in one of his books who was an international sales engineer. I distinctly remember his five rules of the road, I followed them as best I could when I traveled.

You got three of them, the others were 1) never pass up an opportunity to use the toilet, and 2) never turn down....ah...companionship.
The toilet is a good one! I can deal without human companions,but I'll always welcome a dog to keep me company.