Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even in his death, Art is causing conroversy. This just out on ArtBell.com.

Art Bell.com
2 hrs ·
The Nye County Sherrif was asked to NOT announce Art's passing by his wife, until an appropriate time. Airyn did not want the media exposure until she was ready. In fact some family members were not even notified. Why would Nye County Sherrif publicize Art's passing until the family was ready? They are a disgrace to the community and an assault to privacy. Those of us in Art's inner circle had a plan to inform the family and fans of Art's passing in an appropriate manner, and they took this away from us. Shame on Nye county sheriff department.

____
It appears they had wanted to control the narrative on this. The "inner circle" wanted to have control of his death announcement. As a public figure, it was going to come out whether they wanted it out or not and cannot be controlled through one "official" site. Art belonged to all of us as our radio voice in the night.

Why would the Sheriff do that ?

Why would the Sheriff do that ?
I think once the leak happened with the news, the Sheriff's Dept. was overwhelmed with calls on it. Everyone I heard last night on C2C mentioned calling the Sherriff's dept., so I would imagine they decided a public statement would help. It is part of the public record, after all.

:(
I heard the news on Coast to Coast a.m. last night. George was upset, and also talked about having differences with Art. Fair enough.
I always thought Art invented the 'modern' paranormal genre by mixing it up with science and the news of the day, and took it mainstream, and along the way became Babe Ruth. He sure had a handle on how the computer age was going to change radio.
Treeman turned me on to Art Bell one one night. We were driving back from Indianapolis in the middle of nowhere. He pointed out the Hale Bopp comet. How did you hear about that? I asked. C2C. He said the show will start in about 15 minutes and I never stopped listening.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.