Status
Not open for further replies.
he started C2C in the 90's noory took over when he retired.
When did he retire? Was that just a few years ago? Or was that retiring from some other show?

When did he retire?
Art had a habit of retiring and then later come back. He would sometimes have a beef with management and quit. When he cooled off and realized how much he missed radio ( and talking to callers ) he would come back. I believe that he officially parted from C2C in 2003. C2C would play and I believe still do, play pre-2003 shows on Saturday nights. Art came back in 2013 ( to again retire) and in 2015 ( again to retire) for a few months each time.

Last edited:
I don’t recall that music :/
Art played perhaps 30 seconds ( sometimes longer depending on introduction remarks) of this song at the beginning of each show. Many cannot hear this song and NOT think of Art.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
All I can say is Art was a friend and a mentor. I never had his number, but he would call me on occasion with his number blocked (that's how he worked). He'd always tell me on messenger or email that he'd be calling so I wouldn't ignore a private number.

He's aggravated me personally, but he's invigorated me on so many levels as well.
Without Art, there wouldn't be any of our shows.
Godspeed my friend.

We will be adding some of his bumper music this weekend to this thread in his honor. Feel free to add one that comes to memory from the show.

Reactions: Charleh
Well, even in his death, Art is causing conroversy. This just out on ArtBell.com.

Art Bell.com
2 hrs ·
The Nye County Sherrif was asked to NOT announce Art's passing by his wife, until an appropriate time. Airyn did not want the media exposure until she was ready. In fact some family members were not even notified. Why would Nye County Sherrif publicize Art's passing until the family was ready? They are a disgrace to the community and an assault to privacy. Those of us in Art's inner circle had a plan to inform the family and fans of Art's passing in an appropriate manner, and they took this away from us. Shame on Nye county sheriff department.

We will have official statements and more information soon on MidnightInTheDesert.com
____
It appears they had wanted to control the narrative on this. The "inner circle" wanted to have control of his death announcement. As a public figure, it was going to come out whether they wanted it out or not and cannot be controlled through one "official" site. Art belonged to all of us as our radio voice in the night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.