Animal rescues gone wrong

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvb3JuZXJ5LWxvb2tpbmctb3dsLzEwMzk5NjEtMS1lbmctVVMvT3JuZXJ5LUxvb2tpbmctT3dsLmpwZw==

An Arizona woman's attempt to help a seemingly injured owl took a troubling turn when the bird recovered from its injuries and trapped its kind-hearted helper inside of her car! The odd misadventure began when the unnamed woman was driving late at night on Monday and noticed what appeared to be an injured owl in the road. Rather than just keep on cruising past the downed bird, the Arizona Republic reports, she instead opted to try and help the creature.

Presumably with the intention of taking it to an animal hospital of some other site where the bird could be tended to, the woman actually picked it up and put it in her car. Since she was able to pull that off without any problems, what happened next almost certainly took her by surprise as, shortly thereafter, the owl revived from whatever had knocked it for a loop. No doubt now even more disoriented because it was somehow inside of a car, the bird proceeded to clasp onto the steering wheel of the vehicle as well as the woman's sleeve with its sharp claws.

Thankfully, she was able to call her mother for help, which led to the Arizona Game and Fish Department getting involved with some advice on how to escape the situation without upsetting the owl. However, their initial suggestion was somewhat comical, in retrospect, since they told her to douse the bird with water to drive it away. Alas, all that did was provide the owl with a refreshing drink and it still refused to budge. Eventually, the bird must have grown bored with sitting in the car, since it finally flew away, leaving the shaken woman likely wishing she hadn't tried her hand at an amateur animal rescue.

Reactions: Charleh
1525913471181.jpg

Bobcats mistaken for domestic kittens brought into Texas home

Three people in Texas were bitten when the kittens they thought they were handling turned out to be bobcats.

"Hey listen," wrote the city's Animal Care Services on Facebook. "Wildlife really should remain IN THE WILD and it's up to us to help make that happen! These bobcat kittens are now orphaned and under quarantine with our partners at Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation because someone thought they looked like house cats. Several people were bitten."

The caretakers thought the cats, found in Atascosa County, were Bengal kittens — a rare domestic breed — and brought them inside a nearby home.

The bobcats were fed milk from pet-feeding bottles, but those who took them in reportedly realized something was wrong when the hungry animals tore the bottles apart and bit them.

Alabama man paralyzed, 'fighting for his life' after coral snake bite, family says

An Alabama man who was recently bitten by a venomous coral snake is now "fighting for his life," his family said.

A coral snake, considered to be one of the most venomous species of snake in North America, recently bit Jeffrey Phillips outside his Gilbertown, Alabama home.

Phillips’ children were the first to spot the snake. Initially thinking the serpent was a harmless king snake, Phillips decided to catch it and give the snake as a gift to his older brother, who has owned snakes in the past, WTOK-News reported.

But shortly after, the dangerous coral snake bit Phillips. He was rushed to Anderson Hospital in Mississippi, where he remains in the intensive care unit.

Phillips, who is now paralyzed due to the snake's venom, has also suffered neurological and vision damage. And, up until Friday afternoon, Phillips was breathing through a ventilator.

“He will then need extensive physical therapy to learn how to walk, eat, write and all other every day activities,” according to Phillips’ GoFundMe page, which was set up to help the family pay for his medical expenses.

“He was about to start a job actually in a couple of weeks. So, he was laid off for the time being. He was about to start a job but he can’t do that now,” Angela Patrick, Phillip’s fiancée, told WTOK-News.

The couple was slated to marry in August — but due to Phillips’ condition, the wedding is now on hold.

"Everyday we are seeing improvements and are overwhelmed by the support from all over. We are definitely blessed," Patrick told Fox News on Saturday morning. She declined to comment further.

“I’ve had my breakdowns, you know trying to hold it together. It’s scary knowing that my son could die,” Judy Kell, Phillips’ mother, said.

“I hate that it was him, I really do,” Patrick told the news station. “I wouldn’t wish it on anybody.”

Alabama man paralyzed, 'fighting for his life' after coral snake bite, family says

An Alabama man who was recently bitten by a venomous coral snake is now "fighting for his life," his family said.

A coral snake, considered to be one of the most venomous species of snake in North America, recently bit Jeffrey Phillips outside his Gilbertown, Alabama home.
Phillips’ children were the first to spot the snake. Initially thinking the serpent was a harmless king snake, Phillips decided to catch it and give the snake as a gift to his older brother, who has owned snakes in the past, WTOK-News reported.

But shortly after, the dangerous coral snake bit Phillips. He was rushed to Anderson Hospital in Mississippi, where he remains in the intensive care unit.

Phillips, who is now paralyzed due to the snake's venom, has also suffered neurological and vision damage. And, up until Friday afternoon, Phillips was breathing through a ventilator.

“He will then need extensive physical therapy to learn how to walk, eat, write and all other every day activities,” according to Phillips’ GoFundMe page, which was set up to help the family pay for his medical expenses.

“He was about to start a job actually in a couple of weeks. So, he was laid off for the time being. He was about to start a job but he can’t do that now,” Angela Patrick, Phillip’s fiancée, told WTOK-News.

The couple was slated to marry in August — but due to Phillips’ condition, the wedding is now on hold.

"Everyday we are seeing improvements and are overwhelmed by the support from all over. We are definitely blessed," Patrick told Fox News on Saturday morning. She declined to comment further.

“I’ve had my breakdowns, you know trying to hold it together. It’s scary knowing that my son could die,” Judy Kell, Phillips’ mother, said.

“I hate that it was him, I really do,” Patrick told the news station. “I wouldn’t wish it on anybody.”

Red on black, friend to jack....red on yellow, kill a fellow........or better yet, don't catch snakes, esp. Swamp snakes..
Shame though, feel for the guy, that's gonna take a while to recover from.

1525913471181.jpg

Three people in Texas were bitten when the kittens they thought they were handling turned out to be bobcats.

"Hey listen," wrote the city's Animal Care Services on Facebook. "Wildlife really should remain IN THE WILD and it's up to us to help make that happen! These bobcat kittens are now orphaned and under quarantine with our partners at Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation because someone thought they looked like house cats. Several people were bitten."

The caretakers thought the cats, found in Atascosa County, were Bengal kittens — a rare domestic breed — and brought them inside a nearby home.

The bobcats were fed milk from pet-feeding bottles, but those who took them in reportedly realized something was wrong when the hungry animals tore the bottles apart and bit them.
I’m sorry but in the pics they don’t even look like kittens. Looks like they were ready to kill right out of the box!

Reactions: Debi

snake poison is supposed to be extra=excruciating=ya don't heal up from brain damage and paralysis over the weekend

1525913471181.jpg

thats a pretty obvious demon housecat

1525913471181.jpg

Here kitty,kitty, AHHHHHHHHHH