Am I being followed? Cont. 3

DragonFruit

Reaction score
3rd Installment of my experience ! Thanks for reading

Let's skip to when I was 21. I was living in an old town called Owen Sound, in Ontario Canada with a man I met in the Military. His name was Joe and he was a Sergeant. He had his own house and a wonderful Chocolate Lab, named Gunner. The house we lived in was 150 years old so I had some theories.
I was sleeping one morning when Joe got up to get ready for work. He got dressed and went downstairs to put his boots on. I heard the front door open and then close. I then heard foot steps coming back up the stairs and the stopped abruptly at the bedroom door. I listened for Joe because I thought he forgot something. Then his truck started and he drove to work. I actually wasn't too freaked out about it, old house, noises occur, but this progressed slowly over the 3 years I lived there with him. There was an old attic and to get into the attic it was just another staircase and you would walk up into another room that evidently use to be a child's play room. It had a great big window over looking the street, it had yellow wallpaper and kids names scratched into the wall with the year they were there and there were also burnt parts in the wall. I would sit downstairs in the living room and I would hear a thumping coming from upstairs. I went upstairs and I heard it louder from the attic so I walked up there and it stopped, I walked downstairs and it started again and this went on for 6 months.
Now Joe had to go away and do a course or 6 weeks so I was going to be alone, I didn't mind, I had the dog so I felt safe. The first night he left we had a huge thunder storm. I went to bed around 12 am and you could hear thunder and the rain pounding against the house. I was laying in bed and clear as day through the sounds of the thunder I heard a little girl, laugh, loudly. I wouldn't have been scared but my dog reacted to it. He jumped up and stood guard. I yelled "Gunner, COME !" and I hugged into him until I fell asleep. The next morning I went to the basement to do laundry and I felt very uneasy when I went near the basement door. I walked down quickly, went into the laundry room and all over the room someone had drawn in red crayon.
I emailed the people who lived there before because they owned a bed and breakfast down the street and the told me they never experienced anything. I moved out shortly after.

I'm married now and my husband and I bought a house in Trenton Ontario near the Air Base here. We love the house, it's cute and perfect for the first time home owner. It was built in 1970 because I didn't want one that was too old...
I usually only see things out of the corner of my eye here... recently my cats have been staring at the ceiling in the same spot in my bedroom.

In January I went on a course with the military, I was in my room alone but I shared it with another girl. I was laying in the bed playing my Nintendo 3 DS and my closet slowly opened and then it slowly closed. I thought it was super odd and told some people about it, and my room mate and they were all freaked out. A few days later my roommate and I were sleeping with our door closed and locked and I heard a whistling like "Woo hoo." I ignored it and it got louder and faster "Woo hoo Woo hoo WOO HOO" until it sounded like it was right behind me... and I turned around and my door was wide open... no one was there.
The last thing that happened to me there was in the morning of my last day, I was getting ready doing my hair in the reflection of the window and out of the corner of my eye I saw a black figure reach out to touch my shoulder. I turned around quickly and it was gone and my door was still closed.

At my house I was sleeping in the spare bedroom because sometimes we like to switch rooms. I went to bed before my husband and he kissed me goodnight and went to the basement to play PS4 and I closed the bedroom door. I was laying there eyes open because I couldn't sleep when the bedroom door flew open forcefully. I thought it was my husband but I could hear his game downstairs. That was a few days ago.

I use to think the homes and places were haunted but maybe it's me?

This is all of my experiences so far. Thanks for taking the time to read it all. I know it's a lot to read and I appreciate it.

Let me know what you think! I am starting to embrace.

DragonFruit~

Welcome to the forum, It is rather interesting that at three out of three houses you were at you encountered paranormal events It does beg the question if the houses were haunted or if you have something with you. I'm sure other people on the forum will give you some insight. It might be that you are more sensitive to paranormal entities than the average person.

Welcome to the forum, It is rather interesting that at three out of three houses you were at you encountered paranormal events It does beg the question if the houses were haunted or if you have something with you. I'm sure other people on the forum will give you some insight. It might be that you are more sensitive to paranormal entities than the average person.
Thanks, it's nice to meet you :) No one else around me seems to have experiences so you're right I could be more sensitive.

Reactions: Lynne
Well because the former owners of that one house said they never had any experiences like that, I think something’s following you.

So unless I’m missing something, most of these encounters had to do with your stuffed animals as a child, and at least one time hearing a little girl laughing?

Hi DF--

I'm out of my element here, but after reading your accounts I do have one question. Am I correct you are the only one who has ever witnessed/experienced these events? I mean, you talk about others (family, childhood friends, boy friends, husband etc.) being with/near you when these occur, but it sounds like you had to tell them what happened. Am I reading your posts correctly?

Reactions: DragonFruit
Well because the former owners of that one house said they never had any experiences like that, I think something’s following you.

So unless I’m missing something, most of these encounters had to do with your stuffed animals as a child, and at least one time hearing a little girl laughing?
Yes but when I heard the little girl I was 21 and living in a different house. So she could have followed me from when I was a kid. Possibly.

Hi DF--

I'm out of my element here, but after reading your accounts I do have one question. Am I correct you are the only one who has ever witnessed/experienced these events? I mean, you talk about others (family, childhood friends, boy friends, husband etc.) being with/near you when these occur, but it sounds like you had to tell them what happened. Am I reading your posts correctly?
Yes you're correct. I am the only one to experience these occurrences except when I had that sleep over with my friends and the lights were turning on and the doors were opening we all experienced that, but I was the only one to be "touched".

3rd Installment of my experience ! Thanks for reading

Let's skip to when I was 21. I was living in an old town called Owen Sound, in Ontario Canada with a man I met in the Military. His name was Joe and he was a Sergeant. He had his own house and a wonderful Chocolate Lab, named Gunner. The house we lived in was 150 years old so I had some theories.
I was sleeping one morning when Joe got up to get ready for work. He got dressed and went downstairs to put his boots on. I heard the front door open and then close. I then heard foot steps coming back up the stairs and the stopped abruptly at the bedroom door. I listened for Joe because I thought he forgot something. Then his truck started and he drove to work. I actually wasn't too freaked out about it, old house, noises occur, but this progressed slowly over the 3 years I lived there with him. There was an old attic and to get into the attic it was just another staircase and you would walk up into another room that evidently use to be a child's play room. It had a great big window over looking the street, it had yellow wallpaper and kids names scratched into the wall with the year they were there and there were also burnt parts in the wall. I would sit downstairs in the living room and I would hear a thumping coming from upstairs. I went upstairs and I heard it louder from the attic so I walked up there and it stopped, I walked downstairs and it started again and this went on for 6 months.
Now Joe had to go away and do a course or 6 weeks so I was going to be alone, I didn't mind, I had the dog so I felt safe. The first night he left we had a huge thunder storm. I went to bed around 12 am and you could hear thunder and the rain pounding against the house. I was laying in bed and clear as day through the sounds of the thunder I heard a little girl, laugh, loudly. I wouldn't have been scared but my dog reacted to it. He jumped up and stood guard. I yelled "Gunner, COME !" and I hugged into him until I fell asleep. The next morning I went to the basement to do laundry and I felt very uneasy when I went near the basement door. I walked down quickly, went into the laundry room and all over the room someone had drawn in red crayon.
I emailed the people who lived there before because they owned a bed and breakfast down the street and the told me they never experienced anything. I moved out shortly after.

I'm married now and my husband and I bought a house in Trenton Ontario near the Air Base here. We love the house, it's cute and perfect for the first time home owner. It was built in 1970 because I didn't want one that was too old...
I usually only see things out of the corner of my eye here... recently my cats have been staring at the ceiling in the same spot in my bedroom.

In January I went on a course with the military, I was in my room alone but I shared it with another girl. I was laying in the bed playing my Nintendo 3 DS and my closet slowly opened and then it slowly closed. I thought it was super odd and told some people about it, and my room mate and they were all freaked out. A few days later my roommate and I were sleeping with our door closed and locked and I heard a whistling like "Woo hoo." I ignored it and it got louder and faster "Woo hoo Woo hoo WOO HOO" until it sounded like it was right behind me... and I turned around and my door was wide open... no one was there.
The last thing that happened to me there was in the morning of my last day, I was getting ready doing my hair in the reflection of the window and out of the corner of my eye I saw a black figure reach out to touch my shoulder. I turned around quickly and it was gone and my door was still closed.

At my house I was sleeping in the spare bedroom because sometimes we like to switch rooms. I went to bed before my husband and he kissed me goodnight and went to the basement to play PS4 and I closed the bedroom door. I was laying there eyes open because I couldn't sleep when the bedroom door flew open forcefully. I thought it was my husband but I could hear his game downstairs. That was a few days ago.

I use to think the homes and places were haunted but maybe it's me?

This is all of my experiences so far. Thanks for taking the time to read it all. I know it's a lot to read and I appreciate it.

Let me know what you think! I am starting to embrace.

DragonFruit~

Thanks for finding the PNF and posting your experiences here so that everyone who reads your threads can learn from you. Because many of your experiences sound like classical haunting, that might be the case. However, your shared experiences also seem to vary including varying by location. So maybe you are generally sensitive and different entities - in different places - have tried to make contact with you in the different ways they are capable of.

I hope you will gain some insights from the Crew on the PNF as I have. I’ve found that when I write down (for example by posting here) my mystical experiences that I actually experience them in new ways. This was true when I found the PNF a year ago and it was true again when I posted about two experiences twice earlier this week. I seem to learn through, and reevaluate those experiences while, posting AND then again when others post inputs or questions to my posts. I hope you can find it as cathartic as I have and as insightful as I have.

Welcome again and learn lots. Help us learn lots too through your open sharing.

Reactions: DragonFruit
Thanks for finding the PNF and posting your experiences here so that everyone who reads your threads can learn from you. Because many of your experiences sound like classical haunting, that might be the case. However, your shared experiences also seem to vary including varying by location. So maybe you are generally sensitive and different entities - in different places - have tried to make contact with you in the different ways they are capable of.

I hope you will gain some insights from the Crew on the PNF as I have. I’ve found that when I write down (for example by posting here) my mystical experiences that I actually experience them in new ways. This was true when I found the PNF a year ago and it was true again when I posted about two experiences twice earlier this week. I seem to learn through, and reevaluate those experiences while, posting AND then again when others post inputs or questions to my posts. I hope you can find it as cathartic as I have and as insightful as I have.

Welcome again and learn lots. Help us learn lots too through your open sharing.
Thank you ! it's nice to meet you.

You've given me some things to think about. Maybe they are all different and trying to contact me. That would be pretty nice. They could need help or are just happy someone can sense them. Either way I will try not to be too scared now.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Thank you ! it's nice to meet you.

You've given me some things to think about. Maybe they are all different and trying to contact me. That would be pretty nice. They could need help or are just happy someone can sense them. Either way I will try not to be too scared now.

That's a level headed approach.

On the PNF, I'm not the person most skilled with the "unliving" - there are a few others here who know more about spirit/ghost contact and interacting with other non-human entities than I do. I'm psychic but I seem to mostly communicate with the living...which is easier at times because they have voices which I can hear aloud too. :D Some of those other skilled persons will very like post their own inputs and questions for you.

Until then, I think your stated direction is a reasonable position to take DF. But stay on guard too in case any of those entities is interested in something other than positive interactions.