Alaska 2023

Landed in Vancouver 2:51 pacific time. Plane was hot and the landing was quite the adventure! Like 100 feet before we hit the pavement the plane began rocking left and right! We were all like… oh shit… then the landing was like dropping a coconut off a balcony and watching it bounce off. Lol. We were relieved when the plane finally stopped. Phew! Had to go thru customs and identity myself at a kiosk. Wanted to know who I was, why I was there, and when the hell I was leaving! Lol. Finally got our luggage and went to the area for the hotel shuttles. 1 hr and 20 minutes later, we finally got one. We didn’t care, the air here is clean, the sky was blue and mid 60s and breezy. Nice. We just showered and ate. The food here is Ex-pen-sive! A burger, fries, onion rings and a turkey sandwich with and 2 drinks was 50 Bucks!! Don’t know if Canadian or American dollars. Lol. I’m exhausted. I’m going on being at it for 18 hrs now. Lon-Lon, over and out till tomorrow….

Good Morning Americans…. I am Canadian for the day. Lol. Slept 9 hours last nite and was still up at 5:30 am their…time. Sigh….. Lol.
My Impression of Canada so far:
Canada, from what I’ve seen this far is 97% American….
Canadians drive on the correct side of the road. The electric wall outlets (Selectric) are standard 110 just like we have. Fords, Chevys, GMCs, Toyotas, Hondas, same as us. International house of Coffee items, Doritos, Lays, Cheetos chips, just like us. Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pep, like us. Also McDonalds, Popeyes, Walmart here and even a Costco! Cost of living is Expensive. Gas, we use gallons, they use liters. A liter of gas is about $1.20. 4 liters in a gallon comes to $4.80 a gallon! We pay $2.95 in S.La. They say their Healthcare is superior tho, it better be for all that! Lol. All in all, everyone so far has been over and beyond friendly. People here do speak French too. Lots of Indian (India) and Pakistan and of course French Canadians. Had an interesting experience at the airport yesterday with an elderly gentleman. I will post of this “lost soul” when I return. Have a great morning Paraforms! We have a 4 hr health screening at noon. We sail at 5pm. many… more pics and posts to come….

Last edited:
Good Morning Americans…. I am Canadian for the day. Lol. Slept 9 hours last nite and was still up at 5:30 am their…time. Sigh….. Lol.
My Impression of Canada so far:
Canada, from what I’ve seen this far is 97% American….
Canadians drive on the correct side of the road. The electric wall outlets (Selectric) are standard 110 just like we have. Fords, Chevys, GMCs, Toyotas, Hondas, same as us. International house of Coffee items, Doritos, Lays, Cheetos chips, just like us. Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pep, like us. Cost of living is Expensive. Gas, we use gallons, they use liters. A liter of gas is about $1.20. 4 liters in a gallon comes to $4.80 a gallon! We pay $2.95 in S.La. They say their Healthcare is superior tho, it better be for all that! Lol. All in all, everyone so far has been over and beyond friendly. People here do speak French too. Lots of Indian (India) and Pakistan and of course French Canadians. Had an interesting experience at the airport yesterday with an elderly gentleman. I will post of this “lost soul” when I return. Have a great morning Paraforms! We have a 4 hr health screening at noon. We sail at 5pm. many… more pics and posts to come….
Thanks for the report. I am enjoying your adventure.

You can open the windows at this best Western to get some fresh Canadian air inside

Attachments

• F0AA768B-4B86-4FB4-A26F-0FB822ADFE09.jpeg
    F0AA768B-4B86-4FB4-A26F-0FB822ADFE09.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40