A Twilight Zone Experience

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
This happened about 15 years ago, when I could still wear heels that were over one inch in height. I had gone shopping at a second hand store, and contrary to my usual preference, I was tempted by a pair of genuine, black leather half boots with one and one half inch heels. I knew that they would look good with my jeans, so I bought them, along with a used purse. I usually only buy used clothing or household articles because of being sensitive to the energies of former owners. I know that I can wash clothing and check for lingering vibes, and with furniture and other things one good Sage session, and they are fine. I never, ever like wearing used shoes or using a formerly owned pocketbook. The fact that I had purchased both was strange.

So, I decided to wear the "new" boots and carry the purse. I set out to run some errands, and while standing at a bus stop, noticed two homeless guys staring at me. Then one of them started making suggestive comments. Normally I would have ignored them, or if it continued, I would merely have moved on to the next bus stop to wait. But this time, I began to hurl insults at them. It was as if I were someone else. One of the guys backed down and cautioned the other to let me alone because he could see that I was furious. But the other man continued to make comments and when I turned and fully faced him, he looked frightened, and hastily mumbled an apology. My bus arrived at that moment and I am not sure what would have happened next. I felt very different; as if I were used to being aggressive and arrogant. I rode the bus to the store and when I got into line to pay for my groceries, I got into an argument with the cashier, and was very rude and insulting. By the time I got home I was feeling suspicious of my newly acquired items, and decided to get rid of them. Since I wasn't sure if it was the boots or the purse, I put them both into the garbage. The minute I did that, I felt a cool, calm sweep through me, as if I had ousted some angry spirit from my body.

I mentioned Twilight Zone because I am sure many of you have seen the episode titled "Dead Man's Shoes."

Clothes are weird. I cannot wear other people's clothes. Wearing all black or just a black leather jacket has very strange affect on me too. I end up having a very highly charged encounter with another that can turn out good or bad but is invariably strange and symbolic. It is almost as though I cannot wear all black or a black leather jacket without first being tuned into some higher energy level. Otherwise, it just doesn't feel authentic. That is rare. So I don't do it very often. But when it feels authentic that is when the strangeness always happens.

I like black and even prefer onyx for the stone in my rings. The only used clothes that I have worn were from family when I was a kid and some military stuff from an Uncle. I have worn a second-hand ring though that seemed to have some bad Juju connected to it. I can't really describe it but it just made me feel a strange and rather uncomfortable feeling like I was being watched. It wasn't an expensive piece so I threw it off a bridge on the night into a big river.

This happened about 15 years ago, when I could still wear heels that were over one inch in height. I had gone shopping at a second hand store, and contrary to my usual preference, I was tempted by a pair of genuine, black leather half boots with one and one half inch heels. I knew that they would look good with my jeans, so I bought them, along with a used purse. I usually only buy used clothing or household articles because of being sensitive to the energies of former owners. I know that I can wash clothing and check for lingering vibes, and with furniture and other things one good Sage session, and they are fine. I never, ever like wearing used shoes or using a formerly owned pocketbook. The fact that I had purchased both was strange.

So, I decided to wear the "new" boots and carry the purse. I set out to run some errands, and while standing at a bus stop, noticed two homeless guys staring at me. Then one of them started making suggestive comments. Normally I would have ignored them, or if it continued, I would merely have moved on to the next bus stop to wait. But this time, I began to hurl insults at them. It was as if I were someone else. One of the guys backed down and cautioned the other to let me alone because he could see that I was furious. But the other man continued to make comments and when I turned and fully faced him, he looked frightened, and hastily mumbled an apology. My bus arrived at that moment and I am not sure what would have happened next. I felt very different; as if I were used to being aggressive and arrogant. I rode the bus to the store and when I got into line to pay for my groceries, I got into an argument with the cashier, and was very rude and insulting. By the time I got home I was feeling suspicious of my newly acquired items, and decided to get rid of them. Since I wasn't sure if it was the boots or the purse, I put them both into the garbage. The minute I did that, I felt a cool, calm sweep through me, as if I had ousted some angry spirit from my body.

I mentioned Twilight Zone because I am sure many of you have seen the episode titled "Dead Man's Shoes."
Wow, that had to be a strange experience! Sorry you had to throw away a good pair of boots.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Wow, that had to be a strange experience! Sorry you had to throw away a good pair of boots.
I was sorry too, because they were really nice and I couldn't have afforded them brand new. But after throwing them away, I wondered if somebody else would find them and wear them and have the same experience.

Reactions: Lynne
That is so crazy! I am always afraid of second hand clothing for this reason. I have always liked antiques but have had a very negative experience once and will not buy them anymore.

That is so crazy! I am always afraid of second hand clothing for this reason. I have always liked antiques but have had a very negative experience once and will not buy them anymore.
I’m the same. The item has to have the right feel before I buy it.

I had a Twilight Zone experience too GarnetSilver.

This was back around 2006. I was on a weeklong business trip in Boston and made plans to visit my best friend and his family in Providence, RI, the following weekend.

I had only ever ridden on a real passenger train once before so chose to take the train ride - it was convenient, cheap, and novel.

I boarded the Amtrak train and was surprised to see how much the configuration resembled a plane - the seats, the overhead storage, and more. I took my seat and got settled in, it was then I noticed the conductor waking the hallway checking up on passengers. And it immediately brought out of the back of my mind the original Twilight Zone episode titled “A Stop at Willoughby”. I won’t give the twist away for anyone who hasn’t seen this episode but the story is about an overworked executive repeatedly riding a commuter train and when nodding off on the ride, he has recurring dream about the train stopping in a backwards town called Willoughby looking like 50 years in the past. At more than one point in this episode, the conductor bellows out, “Willoughby. Next stop, Willoughby.

A few minutes later, while my train was still in the station with passengers still boarding, the conductor walks up to my row, slows and looks into my eyes, then says - no shit - “Willoughby. Next stop, Willoughby.” He then smiles, lifts his chin up, and speeds his pace as he walks away. I...very...nearly...pissed...my...pants!

Last edited: