A reminder to Empaths

So had a personal break through (I think) exiting the shower two days ago. I had a very, very brief moment where it felt like someone mentally reached out to me - for what or why I don’t know. But the touch was unique enough for me to recognize so. And, it seemed to break through my ego and helped me to realize something I’ve not understood for over 40 years.

My sudden realization is that my telepathic and empathic abilities are NOT about what I can do but instead they are about what others seem to need. I suddenly understood this weekend that - premonitions aside - almost all of my telepathic and empathic receipts have been instead triggered by others reaching out TO ME. This completely explains for me why I have receipt of some few persons’ thoughts/pains whom I would not expect to have reached out to nor searched out on my own. The contact was because of their desire/need for connection with me.

Very, very humbling discovery.

Last edited:
So had a personal break through (I think) exiting the shower two days ago. I had a very, very brief moment where it felt like someone mentally reached out to me - for what or why I don’t know. But the touch was unique enough for me to recognize so. And, it seemed to break through my ego and helped me to realize something I’ve not understood for over 40 years.

My sudden realization is that my telepathic and empathic abilities are NOT about what I can do but instead they are about what others seem to need. I suddenly understood that - premonitions aside - almost all of my telepathic and empathic receipts have been instead triggered by others reaching out TO ME. This completely explains for me why I have receipt of some few persons thoughts/pains whom I would not expect to have reached out to nor searched for, The contact was because of their desire/need for connection with me.

A very wonderful discovery indeed. Kinda had that same kind of discovery when I took on the forum. ;) Very often our gifts are not about us at all. Thanks for sharing that, WandS. :<3

A very wonderful discovery indeed. Kinda had that same kind of discovery when I took on the forum. ;) Very often our gifts are not about us at all. Thanks for sharing that, WandS. :<3

Thank you for the repeated support Debi. I’ve recognized for that same 40 year period that I seem to only have telepathic access to info that people want to share. But it was only in the past two days that I’ve come to a unified understanding that both my telepathic and empathic receipts are triggered by others’ desires to connect.

What I got out of today's emotional pain and turmoil, was a realization that I have been carrying feelings of guilt from trauma experienced as a child. It was wonderfully freeing to say out loud, "I don't have to feel guilt over the actions of others! Nor do I have to feel guilty if I don't try to help everyone that asks!"

What I got out of today's emotional pain and turmoil, was a realization that I have been carrying feelings of guilt from trauma experienced as a child. It was wonderfully freeing to say out loud, "I don't have to feel guilt over the actions of others! Nor do I have to feel guilty if I don't try to help everyone that asks!"

I was only planning to heed Debi’s warning to shield up and do just that. However, for me that call seems to have touched something deeper - yet something which just this week was also apparently rising to the surface.

Sounds like this could be the beginning of a theme of personal discovery for several of us PNFer.

Last edited:
Loved this post definitely the pick me up I needed as today was the first day I had started to feel all of this on another level. Time to shield up! Thankyou Debi and god bless everyone

My sudden realization is that my telepathic and empathic abilities are NOT about what I can do but instead they are about what others seem to need. I suddenly understood this weekend that - premonitions aside - almost all of my telepathic and empathic receipts have been instead triggered by others reaching out TO ME. This completely explains for me why I have receipt of some few persons’ thoughts/pains whom I would not expect to have reached out to nor searched out on my own. The contact was because of their desire/need for connection with me.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Wands. We continue to learn as you do. These revelations always find their basis in love and free will. By them reaching out (even if they are unaware), they are giving consent for you to have the knowing. Then it is your free will out of love to accept and give support. What a lovely and divine gift.