A reminder to Empaths

I was planning on writing something like this today, but this lady did it so well I can't do it any better. No matter your beliefs or religion, this is one you should read.

Wicca Teachings
5 hrs ·
The virus lockdown.

Yes there is fear.
Yes there is isolation.
Yes there is panic buying.
Yes there is sickness.
Yes there is even death.
But, they say that in Wuhan after so many years of noise you can hear the birds again. They say that after just a few weeks of quiet the sky is no longer thick with fumes but blue and grey and clear.

They say that in the streets of Assisi People are singing to each other across the empty squares, keeping their windows open so that those who are alone may hear the sounds of family, friends and those in the same situation around them.

They say that a hotel in the West of Ireland is offering free meals and delivery to the housebound.

Today some young people I know are busy spreading fliers, messages and offers to help
through the neighbourhood
So that the elders may have someone to call on for anything they need or go to the shops for them.

Today Churches, Synagogues and Temples are preparing to welcome and shelter the homeless, the sick, the weary.

Families and friends are coming together to help each other. People are showing kindness to strangers.

All over the world people are slowing down and reflecting.
All over the world people are looking at their neighbours in a new way. All over the world people are waking up to a new reality to how big we really are. To how little control we really have. To what really matters. Waking up to Love.

So we pray and we remember that. Yes there is fear, but there does not have to be hate. Yes there is isolation, but there does not have to be loneliness. Yes there is panic buying, but there does not have to be meanness. Yes there is sickness, but there does not have to be disease of the soul. Yes there is even death, but there can always be a rebirth of love.

Wake to the choices you make as to how to live now. Today, just breathe, be grateful you are healthy and spare a thought for those who are less fortunate.

Listen behind the factory noises of your panic. The birds are singing again. The sky is clearing, Spring is coming, and we are always encompassed by Love.

Open the windows of your soul
and sing.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Wands. We continue to learn as you do. These revelations always find their basis in love and free will. By them reaching out (even if they are unaware), they are giving consent for you to have the knowing. Then it is your free will out of love to accept and give support. What a lovely and divine gift.
Thank you Lynne. Your slant on my musings reminds me REPEATEDLY that there is a gift in there somewhere. As of this week I think I have the next level understanding of same. [As an aside, I think I have to stop showering. Too much psi sh$t happens in there.]

Last edited:
Thank you Lynne. Your slant on my musings reminds me REPEATEDLY that there is a gift in there somewhere. As of this week I think I have the next level understanding of same. [As an aside, I think I have to stop showering. Too much psy sh$t happens in there.]
Bubble baths perhaps? :p

Empaths, and everyone else for that matter, it's story time. One from my personal book.

I consider myself to have very strong shields, and to have a deep faith. I try to bring that faith here to you daily and I hope I can spread a bit of fairy magic around as well most days. But....I recently hit a wall one morning.

I woke up and felt like I was in some alternate universe that was playing a bad joke. I actually had difficulty wrapping my brain around the whole thing. Just the thought of dealing with another day of the pandemic had me uttering, "I never thought I'd live to see the apocalypse." Now, that wasn't me speaking...not the real me. It was all the headlines I had scanned for days and weeks on this hitting me square in the head. You see, I do scan about 100 websites a day and pretty much everything is about this damn virus right now. I scan that many so I can compare and vet the stories and only post those that I feel relevant and not outright fear stuff. I do the same with the paranormal sites, who are posting next to nothing at the moment about the paranormal! (OK, so I'm picky about not bringing you junk stuff! lol)

It was the planning how to get food in without exposing my son to much of the dangers out there right now, it was dealing with all the new "stuff" I've had to manage since all this began, it was how do I make sure we have the meds we need and supplies on hand for the 02, it was learning how to teleconference with doctors, it was tamping down the fears of the family and reassuring them we are OK right now. It was also my shields on low power from lack of sleep.

Anyway, it got so bad I developed a headache, the shakes from anxiety, and I decided I needed a time out. So I contacted my great mod crew here (special shout out to Critter and Duke) and threw the keys to them for the day. I asked them to drive the bus here while I stayed away from news for a day.

The reason I share this with you is to remind all of you there may be times you really do need to unplug from it all for 24 hours. Just find a hot tub to lounge in, play some games, turn off the news and don't listen to any of it for a bit. Turn off your phone, tune out the world. Take that nap.

We can all get through this time. BUT, we need to acknowledge when we need to back away from it all as well. It's OK to stand back, breathe, and recharge. It's OK to need time to yourself and not deal with anything for a day...or two if you need it. It's OK to cry a bit, and it's OK to fall apart if it helps. Just remember you can pick it all up again the next day and begin "adulting" again. Don't wait until you are completely overwhelmed. Recognizing that you need the time away from it all is important. Take the time to step back if you need to. We all need to at some point.

You are not alone. We are here, and if you find yourself needing an ear, we will be here to listen. Much love to you all! :<3