A monk?

Maffew

Reaction score
I'm not sure but my partner L has a picture on fb that she shared earlier in the week. From 5 years ago. 3 months before we met.

In the background there is a monk. But she swears its a mirror. She knows the room and house as she lived there. Initially I thought a fake as in photo shop or a TV. I just don't know. But I will have to. Ask her if it is ok to put the photo on here.

I believe what she says though although it's still something hard to believe

Maffew

I must say she said she has never noticed what's in the background before.

Hi and welcome! If she is willing to share the picture, it would be interesting to have a look at it.

Reactions: Maffew
I'm not sure but my partner L has a picture on fb that she shared earlier in the week. From 5 years ago. 3 months before we met.

In the background there is a monk. But she swears its a mirror. She knows the room and house as she lived there. Initially I thought a fake as in photo shop or a TV. I just don't know. But I will have to. Ask her if it is ok to put the photo on here.

Maffew
Is that You Matt?

Maffew
These things so show up in pics sometimes. We look forward to seeing it if possible. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Maffew
Now I did some digging on her Facebook. If the post she shared from 5 years ago had been messed about with I.e someone had photoshopped it in the last couple of weeks. Gone on and slipped it into the time line on 14th March 2014, then there would be a little clock beside it. I have checked and checked and as far as I'm aware that clock can't be taken away. Even with a 3rd party app.

So it was either photoshopped in 2014 or there is a picture or TV behind them. She swears it's not a TV but a mirror. She said numerous times I lived there I know my old living room. And the third and only other option I believe is... Its a monk.
Now to side with her she has awalways said about strange things in that house. And now this.
To play devil's advocate, her daughter not long ago was given a mac book pro from her nan. Daughter is 16 and bright enough to learn photoshop and also goes to the same Catholic school as my daughter. Catholic monk in the image.
I genuinely want to belie e it's a spirit that was looking after her. I do not want to belie e she would try to mess with me like this. And rather it was not a horrible prank but a TV or picture behind.

IMG-20190317-WA0034.jpg
IMG_20190321_140758.jpg

Also why does this monk seem so familiar??

This does not look like a monk to me it is a girl in a dress. When I enlarge the pic. I think your friend is correct, it is a mirror and your seeing a distorted visage of someone reflecting in it.

Reactions: Maffew and Paulm
Hi maffew, and welcome to the forum. im not sure about it being a monk, kinda see how it could be matrixing, pareidolia (the brain making an image or picture that is familiar or just something that makes sense to you).....is she absolutely sure that is a mirror, it looks very low on the wall to be a mirror, and its not reflecting anything else, not the ppl or the photographer or anything in the room, theres also not a light reflection of any sort in it, which is almost always present in a mirror photo of some degree....actually does look more like a photo frame or something.....interesting though.

Reactions: Maffew and Paintman
This does not look like a monk to me it is a girl in a dress. When I enlarge the pic. I think your friend is correct, it is a mirror and your seeing a distorted visage of someone reflecting in it.
I have to agree with Lynne. After looking at it carefully, it does look like a mirror or picture to me and the reflection may in fact be something sitting on a mantel across the room. It appears to me to have a very flat platform or base under it.

Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon that causes people to see patterns in a random stimulus. This often leads to people assigning human characteristics to objects. I think this may be why you see this as a monk. Very common in many paranormal evidence pieces.

Reactions: Maffew and Paintman
Looks like Godzilla. But I guess we project our own views of things. And I guess that is the rub.:).
Maybe we can get Bob to take a look at this thing. He is our resident photographer.

Reactions: Maffew and Paulm