A monk?

Hey Paul, Sierra has a question about an easel. I think she thought I was the other kind of paint
man
:)

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
This does not look like a monk to me it is a girl in a dress. When I enlarge the pic. I think your friend is correct, it is a mirror and your seeing a distorted visage of someone reflecting in it.

It is very interesting yes she does think it's a mirror. And that's what I thought also. I'm sure when I first met her she had a mirror that was low down in a different house. I had to bend my legs to do my hair.

I am trying to see anything but the monk but I can't. The arm to the right is the approximate length it should be and the sleeve is. It has a light sash rope tied around the waste (which you can find on images of monks on Google.)
She was telling me how once going up the stairs in the house before this picture she saw a large shadow of a person at the top of the stairs.
Now this might be irrelevant, but last year, and yes she was under alot of pressure. Her daughter was in the room with her her daughter spoke to her and she replied. She turned around and she was gone. She went out into the garden where she was with her boyfriend. My partner said why did you ask that and walk off. She said I've been out here all of the time. This was last August time. She messaged me minutes later distressed, I called her and she told me how she was hallucinating and needed to see a doctor. And things were getting to much.
That was the last we spoke of it. We had troubles she had troubles, but her daughter had just been caught shoplifting and was self harming.
I said to her two days ago maybe if that was a spirit that was looking after you it was trying to tell you that you need to focus on your daughters problems as they are the most important right now.

Also maybe 10 minutes after showing me the image her cat got up walked up to the kitchen door and just stood staring, so much so I actually got up and bent down and looked to see what her cat was looking at, there was nothing there. I said L that has just creeped me the hell out.

At the time of this image my partner was 2 months out of a relationship where she was physically abused by her ex partner and father of her two youngest children.

It's all very baffling.

Can nobody see the face under the hood of the monk? I thought it was from a movie and this might have been a TV. As she said though it was a mirror and won't hear differently.

It would be nice to see what Bob thought.

I have read everyone's replies and thank you. I don't know how to quote and reply to every one individually or multi quote.

But she is sure it's a mirror. Pareidolia is an interesting idea. I understand once you can see something it can be hard to change that thought. Whatever this is it is unusual.

So do we have people here who are good at spotting photoshop? And nobody thinks it's that?

Thank you for your replies.

It is very interesting yes she does think it's a mirror. And that's what I thought also. I'm sure when I first met her she had a mirror that was low down in a different house. I had to bend my legs to do my hair.

I am trying to see anything but the monk but I can't. The arm to the right is the approximate length it should be and the sleeve is. It has a light sash rope tied around the waste (which you can find on images of monks on Google.)
She was telling me how once going up the stairs in the house before this picture she saw a large shadow of a person at the top of the stairs.
Now this might be irrelevant, but last year, and yes she was under alot of pressure. Her daughter was in the room with her her daughter spoke to her and she replied. She turned around and she was gone. She went out into the garden where she was with her boyfriend. My partner said why did you ask that and walk off. She said I've been out here all of the time. This was last August time. She messaged me minutes later distressed, I called her and she told me how she was hallucinating and needed to see a doctor. And things were getting to much.
That was the last we spoke of it. We had troubles she had troubles, but her daughter had just been caught shoplifting and was self harming.
I said to her two days ago maybe if that was a spirit that was looking after you it was trying to tell you that you need to focus on your daughters problems as they are the most important right now.

Also maybe 10 minutes after showing me the image her cat got up walked up to the kitchen door and just stood staring, so much so I actually got up and bent down and looked to see what her cat was looking at, there was nothing there. I said L that has just creeped me the hell out.

At the time of this image my partner was 2 months out of a relationship where she was physically abused by her ex partner and father of her two youngest children.

It's all very baffling.

Can nobody see the face under the hood of the monk? I thought it was from a movie and this might have been a TV. As she said though it was a mirror and won't hear differently.

I have read everyone's replies and thank you. I don't know how to quote and reply to every one individually or multi quote.

But she is sure it's a mirror. Pareidolia is an interesting idea. I understand once you can see something it can be hard to change that thought. Whatever this is it is unusual.

So do we have people here who are good at spotting photoshop? And nobody thinks it's that?

Try enlarging the picture. That is when I could see the distorted reflection of a girl. Mirrors often distort images if the light is reflecting right or if it’s old.i looked again and I guess it could be a man in a robe. I do see what you mean.

Reactions: Maffew and Debi

It's all very baffling.

We go into this assuming innocence on photoshop...until proven guilty. I do have a professional photographer here and I will have him take a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maffew
Because my spidey senses are going off, I blew this thing up and looked closely. That is not a ghost. Besides the fact it has some sort of lettering across it, the object is sitting on something made of bricks...I'm assuming a fireplace...on a base...possibly a statue.

Reactions: Lynne