9/3/2015 (Thursday) - Interview with Linda Godfrey

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
MGLTH2-Banner.jpg

linda-godfrey2.jpg

Linda Godfrey

Fortean investigator and former teacher, newspaper journalist Linda S. Godfrey is the author of sixteen books on strange creatures, people and places including The Beast of Bray Road, Weird Wisconsin, Weird Michigan, Real Wolfmen; True Encounters in Modern America, and her most recent, American Monsters; A History of Monster Lore, Legends and Sightings in America. She has been a guest on several national TV and radio shows, Linda is also a commercial and fine artist. She illustrates many of her own books, and lives in Southeast Wisconsin on the edge of the cryptid-packed Kettle Moraine State Forest with her husband, dog and youngest son. Her next book is forthcoming in 2016 from Tarcher/ Penguin Books and will explore the even stranger side of strange creature sightings. (from artbell.com)

Linda's website: www.lindagodfrey.com

Last edited:
Reactions: surge
More Bio:

Linda’s degree from UW-Oshkosh is in art education, and she taught part time while also working for ten years as a reporter, columnist and cartoonist for The Week, a county newspaper based in Delavan, Wisconsin. She won several first-place national awards from the National Newspaper Association for best feature stories, and additional state awards from organizations such as the Wisconsin Donor Network, Wisconsin Council on Developmental Disabilities, and Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence. Her editorial cartoons were featured in “Best Editorial Cartoons 1991, 1992, and 1993.” illustrates her own books.
She has canvassed Wis. and Michigan looking for the strange and offbeat, from outsider artists and giant roadside statues to local cemetery lore, eccentric people and history, to ghost stories and unidentified creatures and UFO’s. She put over 5,000 miles on her “weirdmobile” and found enough strangeness to fill both Weird Michigan and Weird Wisconsin for Barnes & Noble in 2006, and the sequels, Strange Michigan and Strange Wisconsin for Trails Books.
Her next non-fiction book on anomalous creatures, American Monsters: A History of Monster Lore, Legends and Sightings in America was released Aug., 2014, and 21 years after breaking the first news story on the Beast of Bray Road, she still receives 1-3 reports of strange creatures per week from around the world.

americanmonsterscover.jpg

(from http://lindagodfrey.com/about/ )

Reactions: surge and Hopeless
Would anybody share their thoughts about or experiences with tonight's guest for a newcomer?

Would anybody share their thoughts about or experiences with tonight's guest for a newcomer?
Firek, I would, but I'm just not that familiar with her myself. I know I've heard her before, but it's been too long ago for me to give you good feedback. Hopefully the other members will be able to give you some further insight.

Reactions: DoTell and Hopeless
Her last few blog posts seem to deal with a cougar spotting near her home, a pterosaur(!!!) spotting near her home, and some kind of dogman. I'll let you guys know if I find anything interesting while I'm digging around.

Her last few blog posts seem to deal with a cougar spotting near her home, a pterosaur(!!!) spotting near her home, and some kind of dogman. I'll let you guys know if I find anything interesting while I'm digging around.
Please do! I believe she is the crypto lady, so that would make sense on the reports.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoTell
Her recipe for Orange Scones looks fine and I will try it out this weekend. Let you know how it works.
System, do you have any video recommendations from YT? I need some things I can doze through, please.

Reactions: Debi