9-26-2022 Monday Live Chat

They were staying at Marco Island. It's interesting that they have contingencies to get all of that outside stuff inside very quickly.
Mostly decorative but expensive. From tables and chairs at a restaurant to decorative lighting and the giant potted plants.
Everyone has a hurricane plan and most things at venues are built to either survive wind or come down fast to store away from it. They have already begun evacs from Tampa area.

I heard on the radio today that in Tampa the emergency people told everyone to evacuate. If you don't and you wind up needing help they said they are not going to come and get you.

Reactions: Selectric
I heard on the radio today that in Tampa the emergency people told everyone to evacuate. If you don't and you wind up needing help they said they are not going to come and get you.
They did that with Sandy on all the islands. And still people called that ignored the warnings.

Reactions: Paintman
I think my electric flickered once, that was it lol. Lot's of rain and wind, very little damage in my area. I had more damage from the Derecho which was a few months before Sandy.

Reactions: Paintman
That's because there is no way to get to them in a storm like that! Lived in St. Pete area 10 years. It is low and floods with a good rain. You get a 10 foot storm surge and most of the area will be under water. Tampa Bay itself will also be impacted and flood Tampa itself.

And the area is PACKED with people now. I don't know if they can even get everyone out of the area. There are two main bridges off Pinnellas County. They will close down the Skyway as soon as the wind starts up, and the only other way off is North on very old roads.

Good evening gang. I got side tracked earlier when I logged on. Honestly the universe just can’t let us sit down for longer than 5 min. Anyway I am finally getting some to myself. Hope everyone is doing well. That Hurricane looks big and dead on Florida last I looked.

My only experience with a hurricane was Katrina when I was stationed at Fort Knox. That far inland we just caught the tail end but it stirred up a mess of tornadoes.
One guy in our unit had family in New Orleans and was granted leave immediately.