8-29-2021 Sunday Live Chat Portal

And it’s stronger than Katrina. On the 16th anniversary no less. We cut the day a little short to head in early. Showers and storms are spreading inwards.
That thing is a huge beast. Glad you came in early. Haven't seen many reports on how they're doing down there yet. Will probably be awhile before those start coming in.

I hope it takes that Eastern track for you. I believe that might cut it down for you if it does.
Me too but there are multiple forecast models. It’s a matter of waiting. Hurricanes can do so much more damaging, but tornadoes just seem more intimidating. We’ve got to keep an eye out for those on top of this.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Me too but there are multiple forecast models. It’s a matter of waiting. Hurricanes can do so much more damaging, but tornadoes just seem more intimidating. We’ve got to keep an eye out for those on top of this.
Yup. Having been through a few in Florida, the aftermath with the tornadoes can be even scarier.

Yup. Having been through a few in Florida, the aftermath with the tornadoes can be even scarier.
I had one pass over a town I’d stopped in about 3 and a half years ago. Tornado warnings were being issued left and right - almost nonstop. I took an alternate route when a warning was issued a county I would be passing through shortly.

After a while, I decided to pull over into the parking lot of a store I used to work. It was dark then, but when I came out, it was almost as dark as night, the air was perfectly still and there wasn’t a bird in the sky.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I had one pass over a town I’d stopped in about 3 and a half years ago. Tornado warnings were being issued left and right - almost nonstop. I took an alternate route when a warning was issued a county I would be passing through shortly.

After a while, I decided to pull over into the parking lot of a store I used to work. It was dark then, but when I came out, it was almost as dark as night, the air was perfectly still and there wasn’t a bird in the sky.
When it goes quiet, that's when you look up and check the sky.

When it goes quiet, that's when you look up and check the sky.
I knew it wasn’t too far away but I grabbed what I needed and got back in the store. There wasn’t an hail but there wasn’t a shortage of heavy rain and wind.