Welcome to the Official Paranormal Forum
Join today to discuss Paranormal experiences or participate in conversations covering True Ghost Stories, Cryptozoology, UFOs & Aliens, and much more.

7-4-2020 Saturday 4th of July Live Chat Thread

OP
7Christie

7Christie

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
Years ago, our Sheltie was terrified of thunderstorms. During a vet visit I explained her anxiety, and he actually prescribed tiny, low dose valium pills for her. We'd bury one of them in a spoonful of peanut butter, and within minutes of eating it she'd be peaceful as a saint. I think she sorta got hooked, however, as I'd catch her watching the Weather Channel and using her very long nose to point at any thunderstorms within a 200 mile radius.
Good story Duke . Dogs are so clever

Reactions: garnetsilver

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Smiting ?
Aw shucks I missed a lot of stuff again didn't I?

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Years ago, our Sheltie was terrified of thunderstorms. During a vet visit I explained her anxiety, and he actually prescribed tiny, low dose valium pills for her. We'd bury one of them in a spoonful of peanut butter, and within minutes of eating it she'd be peaceful as a saint. I think she sorta got hooked, however, as I'd catch her watching the Weather Channel and using her very long nose to point at any thunderstorms within a 200 mile radius.
Sounds like Valium is a better training reward that Milk-bone brand products.

Did she end up in AA-SPCA? Or possibly Cani-non?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: garnetsilver

WitchAndShaman

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Melatonin. Works on doggos. 1.5 mgs for pups under 25 pounds. 3 mgs for those 25 and over. As with all things, check with vet if they are on any medications that might interact. They come in "treat" form from most pet stores.
Thanks for the unofficial prescription from the Animal.Pushers.PNF.net.

Reactions: Debi

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Sounds like Valium is a better training reward that Milk-bone brand products.

Did she end up in AA-SPCA? Or possible Cani-non?
No, she lived a long, loving life. I think I've mentioned before I'm convinced I've seen her barking at me as I mow the lawn, just as she did when she was alive.