7-4-2020 Saturday 4th of July Live Chat Thread

Years ago, our Sheltie was terrified of thunderstorms. During a vet visit I explained her anxiety, and he actually prescribed tiny, low dose valium pills for her. We'd bury one of them in a spoonful of peanut butter, and within minutes of eating it she'd be peaceful as a saint. I think she sorta got hooked, however, as I'd catch her watching the Weather Channel and using her very long nose to point at any thunderstorms within a 200 mile radius.
Good story Duke . Dogs are so clever

Reactions: garnetsilver
Smiting ?
Aw shucks I missed a lot of stuff again didn't I?

Years ago, our Sheltie was terrified of thunderstorms. During a vet visit I explained her anxiety, and he actually prescribed tiny, low dose valium pills for her. We'd bury one of them in a spoonful of peanut butter, and within minutes of eating it she'd be peaceful as a saint. I think she sorta got hooked, however, as I'd catch her watching the Weather Channel and using her very long nose to point at any thunderstorms within a 200 mile radius.
Sounds like Valium is a better training reward that Milk-bone brand products.

Did she end up in AA-SPCA? Or possibly Cani-non?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: garnetsilver
Melatonin. Works on doggos. 1.5 mgs for pups under 25 pounds. 3 mgs for those 25 and over. As with all things, check with vet if they are on any medications that might interact. They come in "treat" form from most pet stores.
Thanks for the unofficial prescription from the Animal.Pushers.PNF.net.

Reactions: Debi
Sounds like Valium is a better training reward that Milk-bone brand products.

Did she end up in AA-SPCA? Or possible Cani-non?

No, she lived a long, loving life. I think I've mentioned before I'm convinced I've seen her barking at me as I mow the lawn, just as she did when she was alive.