7-30-2021 Friday Live Chat

My neighbor is a retired Master Golf Club Builder. Went down to his workshop today and we built up a 7 wood. I've never worked with a graphite shaft before and man did I learn a lot.
And now I'm going to step out to my garage and build up my new 4 wood.
Oh, and another cool thing happened when I was walking back home. My neighbor gave me an old old set of Titleist woods. Persimmon. Driver, 3, 5, 7 !
So I'm going to spend the afternoon trying to pin down the date they were made.
Had to hit them at Backyard National.
cda24cc79a194e8c6cd573c832d6a7f4.jpg

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
20210730_150159.jpg
This was a very interesting gift. These Titleist woods were made in 1982. Accu-Flo +. What is kind of wild and what I tried to depict in the pictures - this is a real hybrid way of making a club. The club is persimmon but fitted into a cast steel 1/3 head sleeve and sole plate, that extends up into the hosel. The clubface is made out of some sort of high-impact plastic, but is screwed in.
Man these Titleist woods really illustrate how golf clubs progressed and what they really did when nobody knew which way things would go. The metalwood was many years after this.
And I had an absolute blast hitting them at Backyard National.
Going into my collection of old and interesting things.

• Love it
Reactions: Debi and Paulm
Tomorrow I have two dozen ears of sweetcorn, 3 pounds of green beans, and several big home grown tomatoes coming my way. I'm so excited! (This is a food party at my house!)