7-30-2021 Friday Live Chat

What you said has brought back memories. I remember as a kid, helping my grandmother shell peas. And we went to visit the Farmer’s Market often and a local produce stand.
Kathy has her own farm and feed store. She also knows EVERY farmer out there. If she doesn't have it, she knows who's got it.

We used to can beans and corn every year. Now we just do it fresh. I don't have it in me to do that canning anymore. I can remember snapping beans for hours!

I hated snapping beans for awhile, but eventually I got used to it. She certainly put us to work but she’d also feed us very, very well.
My kids hated snapping beans. lol I got really, really good and FAST at it! I got some bacon to throw in with it to give it that country flavor.

My kids hated snapping beans. lol I got really, really good and FAST at it! I got some bacon to throw in with it to give it that country flavor.
I think it was just my sister and myself at the time, but I also think that she grew her peas, as did she with tomatoes, squash and even grapes. She lived in a house not much bigger than my own, but took pride in not only her home, but her garden. Wise woman. Wish I’d learned more from her than I did.

Reactions: Debi
I think it was just my sister and myself at the time, but I also think that she grew her peas, as did she with tomatoes, squash and even grapes. She lived in a house not much bigger than my own, but took pride in not only her home, but her garden. Wise woman. Wish I’d learned more from her than I did.
Sounds like she was one who knew how to feed a family. My friend kids me she is gonna send me Zuchinni all the time. I hate it..lol

Reactions: Lone Wolf