6-25-2019 Tuesday Live Chat Thread

He just turned 14 last week, and he went to a 3 day class with a blacksmith who agreed to take him on. In the fall, he will be going to weekend classes on it. He is the only child under 16 allowed in.
He will have a great way to make a living wherever and whenever he needs.

He loves it. He has a whole smithy set up in the back yard. I think the building comes next...lol
My dad sometimes played blacksmith....He had a forge and all the equipment......Just someting people did on a farm years ago....My dad liked to make knives in his spare time, which wasn't often.

Reactions: Lynne
We had sun here today! I have to say, it was kinda nice to squint out the window...lol
My dad sometimes played blacksmith....He had a forge and all the equipment......Just someting people did on a farm years ago....My dad liked to make knives in his spare time, which wasn't often.
The kid has already made 4 knives, some sort of sharp other object I have no idea what the use is for, and I think I heard the next thing was a small sword. The blacksmith is going to help him on horseshoes, etc. Then he can get together with the Farrier, and and and....he's got a whole plan.

Reactions: Lynne and T-Bob
This field has a lot of possibilities.

Reactions: T-Bob and Debi