6-11-2018 Monday Live Chat Thread

Evening friends. First day of the week over with some progress on a difficult project, back at it tomorrow.

How y'all doing?

Reactions: Paintman
What. A. Day.
A man I know (not a friend, but...) in my building is dead. There were cops everywhere. I think he was murdered.I found myself standing outside hugging another neighbour who was crying and praying for his soul.
I found out I have NO money. My bank account is at the limit of its overdraft. It's too late to find out what's going on today. I just have to hope my savings account has something in it I can access and that this is my terrible budgeting and that my benefits haven't been cut off. My health is a wreck and I have no friends or family here who can help me.
Something wonderful in a dark place:
A stranger at the supermarket paid for my shopping. She just put it on her card! She even bought me the wine and beer I was going to buy! A truly beautiful person and a reminder when I needed it more than ever that there truly is good in the world.

Reactions: Paintman and TonyM
Hiya Ben. It sounds like you have a tough putt in every direction. My heart sure goes out for you. For what it's worth, I pray a Chaplet at 3 o'clock most days. I'll make sure to include you,and your neighbor, and the nice lady at the grocery store with my intentions.

Evening friends. First day of the week over with some progress on a difficult project, back at it tomorrow.

How y'all doing?
LG, I'm just putzing around the garage. I'm putting a new grip on my new sandwedge. That's the one I loved at the store. Found out I hated it. Fell back in love with it. Then considered putting it on eBay. And then I spend some more time with it. We are back in love.
I'm guessing guitars are the same way ?
And I did a nice deed for an older lady that I take care of with her handyman projects.

LG, I'm just putzing around the garage. I'm putting a new grip on my new sandwedge. That's the one I loved at the store. Found out I hated it. Fell back in love with it. Then considered putting it on eBay. And then I spend some more time with it. We are back in love.
I'm guessing guitars are the same way ?
And I did a nice deed for an older lady that I take care of with her handyman projects.

Hey Paint. Kinda with guitars, loved them all and find them hard to part with but I think I'm gonna have to trim the herd. Maybe take a few years to decide...

What. A. Day.
A man I know (not a friend, but...) in my building is dead. There were cops everywhere. I think he was murdered.I found myself standing outside hugging another neighbour who was crying and praying for his soul.
I found out I have NO money. My bank account is at the limit of its overdraft. It's too late to find out what's going on today. I just have to hope my savings account has something in it I can access and that this is my terrible budgeting and that my benefits haven't been cut off. My health is a wreck and I have no friends or family here who can help me.
Something wonderful in a dark place:
A stranger at the supermarket paid for my shopping. She just put it on her card! She even bought me the wine and beer I was going to buy! A truly beautiful person and a reminder when I needed it more than ever that there truly is good in the world.
Good to know you were there to comfort your neighbour. There really isn’t any way to make something good out of a murder but at least you’re there.

I really hope things start turning for the better. I know what it’s like to be deep in debt. It’s scary.

Reactions: Benway and Paintman
Hey Paint. Kinda with guitars, loved them all and find them hard to part with but I think I'm gonna have to trim the herd. Maybe take a few years to decide...
I can relate. It makes me want to start singing Julio Iglesias, "To All the Girls I've Loved Before." :D
I still have every putter I've ever owned since I was 10 years old.

Reactions: TonyM
I can relate. It makes me want to start singing Julio Iglesias, "To All the Girls I've Loved Before." :D
I still have every putter I've ever owned since I was 10 years old.

To All the Girls I've Loved Before - I wish I could remember names...

To All the Girls I've Loved Before - I wish I could remember names...[/QUO Well, me and you have something in common.:p
I'm 50 and starting to think I did it right. My friends, and my cousins,and my favorite customers are on their third or 4th marriage. I didn't want to go down that road either.

Reactions: TonyM