6-11-2018 Monday Live Chat Thread

What. A. Day.
A man I know (not a friend, but...) in my building is dead. There were cops everywhere. I think he was murdered.I found myself standing outside hugging another neighbour who was crying and praying for his soul.
I found out I have NO money. My bank account is at the limit of its overdraft. It's too late to find out what's going on today. I just have to hope my savings account has something in it I can access and that this is my terrible budgeting and that my benefits haven't been cut off. My health is a wreck and I have no friends or family here who can help me.
Something wonderful in a dark place:
A stranger at the supermarket paid for my shopping. She just put it on her card! She even bought me the wine and beer I was going to buy! A truly beautiful person and a reminder when I needed it more than ever that there truly is good in the world.
Ben, I send you love. What a very bad day for you, but I am sooo glad that someone with a heart stepped forward to help you out with the groceries. I hope you can feel a hug across the pond...cuz one is being sent to you right now.

Reactions: Lynne and Benway
Ben, I send you love. What a very bad day for you, but I am sooo glad that someone with a heart stepped forward to help you out with the groceries. I hope you can feel a hug across the pond...cuz one is being sent to you right now.

BENWAY, I am so sorry you are having to deal with so much and all at the same time. When problems come,they come not as single soldiers but in battalions.(shakespeare put it much better) Anyway,I'm hefre across the pond sending you big positive vibrations,friend. Hoping things settle and get sorted soon.
xxx

Reactions: Paintman and Benway
I can relate. It makes me want to start singing Julio Iglesias, "To All the Girls I've Loved Before." :D
I still have every putter I've ever owned since I was 10 years old.

I taught Julio the pronunciation to that song... i was with him 4 years 82-85. When I met him all he could do was point and say "I want to grab your boobies!". I'm not saying his english pronunciation was very good on To All the Girls,but it woudda been a lot worse. Julio is a GREAT guy,incredibly humble,not an ounce of hubris. I have great Julio stories . I'll tell ya one real quick. So , we sang To All the Girls about a gazillion times. Willie had already set down his track but since Julio's english was non-existent we had to spend months trying to get that song out of him in a coherent way. Exhausting..... Anyway,one day we had been working for hours.He would sing the song,then come into the recording booth,I'd try to fix whatever it was and back he would go,everyday...for...EVER....So one day I had HAD IT. Now remember,I'm 25 and Julio is the biggest Latin singer in the world. The Latin Elvis. So.... it's late,Julio is screwing up the English to the point it doesn't even sound like English. He was stressed,the producer was stressed,I was stressed...So it's about 1 in the morning,he walks back in and I yell "IT'S NOT TO ALL THE GULLS,GULLS ARE BIRDS!!!! and I'm a TEACHER not a TSHIRT!""
That certainly cut the tension and I saw it in the National Enquirer a few months later AND I heard someone had added it to their comedy act. So,there ya go Teachings of the Tongue in Hollywood.

I taught Julio the pronunciation to that song... i was with him 4 years 82-85. When I met him all he could do was point and say "I want to grab your boobies!". I'm not saying his english pronunciation was very good on To All the Girls,but it woudda been a lot worse. Julio is a GREAT guy,incredibly humble,not an ounce of hubris. I have great Julio stories . I'll tell ya one real quick. So , we sang To All the Girls about a gazillion times. Willie had already set down his track but since Julio's english was non-existent we had to spend months trying to get that song out of him in a coherent way. Exhausting..... Anyway,one day we had been working for hours.He would sing the song,then come into the recording booth,I'd try to fix whatever it was and back he would go,everyday...for...EVER....So one day I had HAD IT. Now remember,I'm 25 and Julio is the biggest Latin singer in the world. The Latin Elvis. So.... it's late,Julio is screwing up the English to the point it doesn't even sound like English. He was stressed,the producer was stressed,I was stressed...So it's about 1 in the morning,he walks back in and I yell "IT'S NOT TO ALL THE GULLS,GULLS ARE BIRDS!!!! and I'm a TEACHER not a TSHIRT!""
That certainly cut the tension and I saw it in the National Enquirer a few months later AND I heard someone had added it to their comedy act. So,there ya go Teachings of the Tongue in Hollywood.
Another one for your book.

Reactions: Lynne
Hi good morning to you too. I was up too early and now I’m trying to get some momentum. Going to spend the day painting with my mom.

Lynne, what subject and media does you Mom like to paint?