5-9-2023 Tuesday Live Chat

same here with the garden centers, but we are well past the frost stage now so all is good. my roses are all bloomed out and the elephant ears are finally going good, after the last cold snap sent them dormant again....
just going from 75 to 50 to 80 to 55 is driving me nuts. the plants are fine but i cant get used to it properly, so 60 feels cold after 80 for three days.....lol

Paul, those elephant ears are Juassic Park size.
i have 2 sago palms out front that were over 7 feet tall and just as wide last summer. the freeze in december knocked them back but they are making a good recovery now and should catch back up to that size this year..... they are cool looking too.

Reactions: garnetsilver
i have 2 sago palms out front that were over 7 feet tall and just as wide last summer. the freeze in december knocked them back but they are making a good recovery now and should catch back up to that size this year..... they are cool looking too.
Your place must be a lovely jungle, Paul! Sounds very cool.

I hear ya. My body is my barometer and the quick changes are killin' me here!
i think its here to stay this time. today the humidity was very high. so, southern summer here we come.....lol

i think its here to stay this time. today the humidity was very high. so, southern summer here we come.....lol
I haven't looked at our weather report yet. I guess I really should, but lately it changes so much I just look out the window in the morning...lol

Reactions: Paulm
My rose bush got huge this year. 9' tall. Fertilized with coffee grounds. Eggshells and firewood ash.

• Love it
Your place must be a lovely jungle, Paul! Sounds very cool.
its a mixture of tropical with japanes garden thrown in.....lol... that zen garden we were discussing a few days ago...lol.... i even had a rock garden at one point but changed it and still have to replace it with something else....