4-27-2021 Tuesday Live Chat

Took some serious work to make those old keys work.

You're not kidding. I learned on manual 1950's machines but that old dinosaur took real force to move a key. Shifting actually raises the entire carriage- a couple lbs. of mechanism- and you have to do it with your weakest finger!

I remember the first time I sat down to a Selectric. Barely touched a key and had an entire row of RRRRRRRRR... LOL!

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
You're not kidding. I learned on manual 1950's machines but that old dinosaur took real force to move a key. Shifting actually raises the entire carriage- a couple lbs. of mechanism- and you have to do it with your weakest finger!

I remember the first time I sat down to a Selectric. Barely touched a key and had an entire row of RRRRRRRRR... LOL!
I, too, remember the glorious day I got my first electric! However, I spent a week trying to remember not to try and whack a return bar that wasn't there. lol

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I like to watch Storage Wars Texas.
Moe & Mary !
Going to make a big thing of popcorn and have a diet Dr. Pepper. Livin ' large.

Reactions: Debi
We have a set of tracks about 4 miles from us. On a clear night, I can hear it, and it always is a reminder of my mom and my hometown. :)
Growing up we lived within a quarter of a mile from two sets of railroad tracks, and within a mile of both a drag strip and an oval race track.

I like to watch Storage Wars Texas.
Moe & Mary !
Going to make a big thing of popcorn and have a diet Dr. Pepper. Livin ' large.
Enjoy. I do recall Moe and Mary. Now those two were truly odd...lol