4-23-2021 Friday Live Chat

I went fishing and let my beloved wife have some peace and quiet. We had a pretty good day and caught one blue catfish that was 16 1/2 pounds. Fish for supper tomorrow!!!

It was hot and very sunny today and I am a little crispy. I will be brown tomorrow and after a couple of weeks, I will be past getting any sunburn. It is so good to get back into the swing of things. Before I got sick last year we fished every Friday year-round. I love running the river. It isn't uncommon to spot a few bald eagles. The fishing is more an excuse to get out and enjoy the sunshine than a serious need for fish. Usually, I let my partner have all of the fish.

I like my fish fresh and never frozen nowadays. I can go and catch supper any day with almost 100% certainty. When we want fish, I go and catch them and we eat them within a day or so. I was raised near the coast and my family ate a lot of fish, shrimp, and oysters.

This is my favorite time of year.

Okay Mods! I’m so anxious for a Friday Live Chat thread that I’ve been forced to go back and reread last weeks posts! Plug in your big RAM and get the 30th up! :p

Last edited: