4-20-2023 Thursday Live Chat

not sure just yet what the final destination will be for it. have already had a few requests/hints for what i may do with it....lol.... i finished the side rails yesterday and still have the foot board to go, then the final paintjob and cutting/staining the slats...maybe next weekend ill get it finished completely and post the final pics
I read your post about "feeling" what a piece has to say to you, Paul. I loved you put that into words. I know a lot of people are going to connect with that.

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Looking forward to it. I love seeing your work.
Thanks Lynne, iron beds are a big thing in the south, i have three for the bedrooms now, but they are modern copies, not the same as the real deal...lol, this thing is just beautiful....(or it will be i hope...lol) nothing like an 80 year old real thing....lol

I cannot imagine what that job would be like. So stressful and a lot of responsibility for people's lives.
When I first started, I worked for a company out of Crown Point, IN, called Crown Rescue. My first rig was an old hearse. That's what ambulances were back then instead of the box shape you see now. Revamped hearses.

Thanks Lynne, iron beds are a big thing in the south, i have three for the bedrooms now, but they are modern copies, not the same as the real deal...lol, this thing is just beautiful....(or it will be i hope...lol) nothing like an 80 year old real thing....lol
A lot of memories stored there for sure.

I read your post about "feeling" what a piece has to say to you, Paul. I loved you put that into words. I know a lot of people are going to connect with that.
Thank you, hey i actually wrote something more than two sentences...lol.... i hope a few people can connect with something there... life is such a metaphor in so many ways. its sometimes hard to get that through in a writing.....esp. when there may be a little more to it at the same time.....:)

When I first started, I worked for a company out of Crown Point, IN, called Crown Rescue. My first rig was an old hearse. That's what ambulances were back then instead of the box shape you see now. Revamped hearses.
dual purpose.....:oops:

Reactions: Duke
Ohhh boy. Jason just heard about things with me from his brother. Got to go to messenger and let him know I'm still kicking. Back later if I'm up to it gang. Love to all!
later Debi, take care....

Thank you, hey i actually wrote something more than two sentences...lol.... i hope a few people can connect with something there... life is such a metaphor in so many ways. its sometimes hard to get that through in a writing.....esp. when there may be a little more to it at the same time.....:)
I found that post very interesting and true. We need to respect the past and appreciate what has gone before. You do that when restoring things. Bringing the past into the present to be shared. It is a gift that keeps on giving.

Ohhh boy. Jason just heard about things with me from his brother. Got to go to messenger and let him know I'm still kicking. Back later if I'm up to it gang. Love to all!
good night Debi.