4-1-2021 Thursday Live Chat

My former boss told a similar story about getting shots before going to SEA back in the late 60s. A bunch of aircrew were lined up assembly line style getting inoculations when one of them asked the med tech what they were getting. The answer was, "I just give'em, don't know what's in'em.
the medical exams for desert storm were of course rushed. being in a RDF unit. we would go in get fully checked out. sit in the dentist chair, get x-rays and if ANYTHING was questionable it was pulled or expediently fixed...lol.... knew one guy who had 4 teeth pulled at once, didnt come out too happy...lol...

My former boss told a similar story about getting shots before going to SEA back in the late 60s. A bunch of aircrew were lined up assembly line style getting inoculations when one of them asked the med tech what they were getting. The answer was, "I just give'em, don't know what's in'em.
we went in and said, "weve already had our shots".... "not these you havent" was the answer. :eek:..... dont know what all was in them but i couldnt donate blood for 5 years afterwards

we went in and said, "weve already had our shots".... "not these you havent" was the answer. :eek:..... dont know what all was in them but i couldnt donate blood for 5 years afterwards
Wow. Just wow. Do you sometimes wonder just what the heck they gave you? Man, I would!

Gotta run for a bit but back later.

Reactions: Benway and Paulm
Wow. Just wow. Do you sometimes wonder just what the heck they gave you? Man, I would!

Gotta run for a bit but back later.
its known that there were 3 experimental vaccines for who knows what, anthrax and a couple other biological weapons vaccines and 17 to 20 other types ranging from yellow fever, plague, meningitis, and whatever else.....lol.... what is not known is why we could not give blood. red cross told me it was because of the biological weapons vacs. but later it was said to be from a possible environmental exposure, so who really knows.

I'm pretty sure we will be facing yearly COVID boosters, the vaccine adjusted for new strains. It will be like a second flu shot.
This could be the beginning of a pattern. Pandemics may come at decreasing intervals, as world populations soar.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I had shots administered that way, too. They made us form a line, then down the line we went, getting multiple shots in BOTH arms with those needle guns. No sympathy for sore arms later!

Reactions: Paulm
with phizers announcement of it only lasting 6 months, do you think the majority of ppl will continue to get vaccinated from here on out or will it become like the flu vaccine where its mainly certain ppl who continue to re-vaccinate.... (elderly, compromised immune system, etc....) ppl have a short attention span. will it become forgotten as the summer draws near and everything gets back to normal.
It's at least six months! That's an important distinction! They say that as that's as long as they've been monitoring people and have no way to know how much longer it will last. (Like with the natural immunity reports: the first said at least five months, then one a month later said at least six.) But after six months, the efficacy had only dropped a few percentage points, so it's actually very good news and not disappointing at all!

That is not what Pfizer said. They said they now KNOW it lasts at least 6 months. Since it's so new, they are waiting to see how much longer it goes at full strength. I read the article this morning and as in any new vaccine, it will take time to see how long it will last. They continue to monitor it.

As to the question you raise, I can pretty much tell you us older folks will get boosters when they say it's needed.
You beat me to it!
Hi everyone.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Good evening to anyone out there! I'm around so if you come by give me a moment to see you on thread!

We may never know...

167158488_3720720234722050_8204931188012266855_n.jpg