12-31-2019 Tuesday Live Chat

Screenshot_20191231-082051.png

Hi everyone. I will wish everyone a Happy New Year now incase I’m not around later. My niece is in the hospital with diabetic keto acidosis. She had the flu and it affected her blood sugar. We are also suppose to have dinner with friends for the holiday. I don’t know how the day will shake out. I pray everyone stays safe tonight and that the new year brings health and happiness to you all.

Hi everyone. I will wish everyone a Happy New Year now incase I’m not around later. My niece is in the hospital with diabetic keto acidosis. She had the flu and it affected her blood sugar. We are also suppose to have dinner with friends for the holiday. I don’t know how the day will shake out. I pray everyone stays safe tonight and that the new year brings health and happiness to you all.
Lynne, I am so sorry about your neice. Type 1?

Happy New Year, hon. May the force be with you tonight.

Best wishes for your niece.
I woke up with the outskirts of a cold. Headed to Walgreens.
:(
Mom and my brother had this and it knocked them flat for 3 days.

Oh man, hope it doesn't get you that bad, Paint.

Lynne, I am so sorry about your neice. Type 1?

Happy New Year, hon. May the force be with you tonight.
Yes she’s a Juvenal diabetic. Been a type one since about 11. I actually think she may have had issues from birth. She had some issues I wondered about. She is 20 and on a pump.

Reactions: Paintman
Get some Vick’s. I’ve heard putting it on the souls of your feet with socks helps. Pick up some chicken soup on the way home.

Reactions: 7Critter
Yes she’s a Juvenal diabetic. Been a type one since about 11. I actually think she may have had issues from birth. She had some issues I wondered about. She is 20 and on a pump.
As the Nana of a T1D, my heart goes out to her and the family. Man, it is scary stuff when they crash like that.

As the Nana of a T1D, my heart goes out to her and the family. Man, it is scary stuff when they crash like that.
Yes she was in icu last night. Today her numbers are better. She lives with my brother who is too casual about her situation. He lets her manage it and doesn’t double ck her like a mom would. She got sick and he probably just assumed she was ok.