12-31-2019 Tuesday Live Chat

OK, here's Coast tonight followed by my Coast complaint:

First Half: Considered an authority on Nostradamus, the occult, and parapsychology, John Hogue, returns to update his prophecy alarm. He'll share his analysis of the quatrains of the great sixteenth-century prophet Nostradamus, predictions for 2020, and the new decade ahead.

Second Half: George Noory hosts the long-standing Coast to Coast AM tradition of reading listener predictions for the previous year and recording new predictions for the year ahead.

My complaint: In the past, the entire show was given over to the fun of listener predictions. It was a laid back and funny show that always got the attention of everyone on New Year's Eve. George "I Gotta Be Me" Noory has seen fit the past few years to mess that up with putting on Hogue, who NEVER SAYS ANYTHING NEW. He just yaks his mouth off and fills two hours with nothing new and/or impressive except hearing himself talk.

George, get over yourself, and at least give us the fun show for one night. (Dragging my soap box back across the room now.)

If I can borrow the soapbox.....

Agree about Hogue, but in addition to halving the number of callers' predictions, George has also totally changed the intent of the predictions. Bell (and Punnett when he did the NYE show) stressed the callers were to predict what they thought would happen, not what they wanted to happen due to some personal agenda. Both of them would have canned the partisan political "predictions" we heard last night, regardless of which side of the aisle they took. They also were prone to ask callers what was the basis of their predictions, with responses often being more entertaining than the predictions themselves. With George, someone can call in an extremely off-the-wall prediction, and instead of delving into it, George responds with his patented, "Interesting take, to be sure. Now on to our good friend Cornelius from Louisiana. Hi Corny...."

Reactions: Debi
If I can borrow the soapbox.....

Agree about Hogue, but in addition to halving the number of callers' predictions, George has also totally changed the intent of the predictions. Bell (and Punnett when he did the NYE show) stressed the callers were to predict what they thought would happen, not what they wanted to happen due to some personal agenda. Both of them would have canned the partisan political "predictions" we heard last night, regardless of which side of the aisle they took. They also were prone to ask callers what was the basis of their predictions, with responses often being more entertaining than the predictions themselves. With George, someone can call in an extremely off-the-wall prediction, and instead of delving into it, George responds with his patented, "Interesting take, to be sure. Now on to our good friend Cornelius from Louisiana. Hi Corny...."
Just keep that soapbox handy....I was so ticked last night I couldn't even sleep...lol Which is ridicules, I know, but this is a huge part of the reason! And btw, people try to call in for years and can't get through but Corny and Thomas et al seem to be able to dial right on in with their nonsense, get greeted as old friends, do shout outs to their buddies, and then annoy us far longer than other callers are allowed.

And George's favorite sayings? "No doubt about that" and "Interesting take, to be sure." Why do I still listen, you might ask? Cuz the hubs can't sleep without it on. And since it's on, I can't sleep because I lie there listening to George who isn't even engaged anymore. It's honestly sad to see what it has become, because we all know it could be so much more.

Reactions: Duke
Just keep that soapbox handy....I was so ticked last night I couldn't even sleep...lol Which is ridicules, I know, but this is a huge part of the reason! And btw, people try to call in for years and can't get through but Corny and Thomas et al seem to be able to dial right on in with their nonsense, get greeted as old friends, do shout outs to their buddies, and then annoy us far longer than other callers are allowed.

And George's favorite sayings? "No doubt about that" and "Interesting take, to be sure." Why do I still listen, you might ask? Cuz the hubs can't sleep without it on. And since it's on, I can't sleep because I lie there listening to George who isn't even engaged anymore. It's honestly sad to see what it has become, because we all know it could be so much more.

I can't remember the last time I listened to C2C in real time. I record ever C2C show (in two, two-hour segments) on the CCrane "Witness" Bell talked me into buying almost 20 years ago. Whether I listen to any particular show/segment is almost entirely a function of the guest, regardless of whether it's George or a rent-a-host. I listen to maybe 40% of the shows.

Reactions: Debi
I can't remember the last time I listened to C2C in real time. I record ever C2C show (in two, two-hour segments) on the CCrane "Witness" Bell talked me into buying almost 20 years ago. Whether I listen to any particular show/segment is almost entirely a function of the guest, regardless of whether it's George or a rent-a-host. I listen to maybe 40% of the shows.
We started listening to Art back in the ooooold days, and it's become so much a part of my OCD hub's life that it has to be streaming over night. I swear he falls asleep at the first notes of the intro music, but let it suddenly go quiet in here and he's wide awake. I've tried going with Clyde until 3 AM, and he can't sleep. Routine....much like moving Lynne's cheese I cannot move his.

Reactions: Duke