11-7-2021 Sunday Live Chat

I see it has eggs and milk , which reg bread doesn’t. What is the texture like ?
Soft and the crust is firm and tasty. You can make it with water as well. I use milk just because it makes it a bit richer. The egg holds it all together. I use one small or medium.

Soft and the crust is firm and tasty. You can make it with water as well. I use milk just because it makes it a bit richer. The egg holds it all together. I use one small or medium.
I am going to save that recipe

I am going to save that recipe
Give it a try sometime, Lynne. My guys don't want any other kind anymore. The eggwash and salt sprinkle they love. Course salt only for that. If I'm out I just do the eggwash. Still wonderful. And it will rise up to full size as it cooks.

me too. Mrs Critter and I were just talking about making some of our own bread again. We have a breadmaker stashed away somewhere.
It's sooo much easier to let the bread machine do the kneading. All machines have that cycle on it.

Pro tip: I rarely measure when cooking but with the bread machine I do. Use bread flour only, and measure that milk and flour carefully.

Reactions: 7Critter
So! The dogs eat at 4 PM. In their world, it is 4 PM. They have joined me in the confusion.

Reactions: Lynne
HA! Just found this.

253144451_2920496701533820_2624090094656661076_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
I got called away to change a diaper and then got a call.