11-7-2021 Sunday Live Chat

Ohhh how did you get this shape. Is this Italian bread?
This is country white. You roll out the dough flat and that roll it back up like a scroll. Takes all the air pockets out. Put in on a cookie sheet over cornmeal, eggwash, cut some expansion strokes with a knife and add a bit of course salt over the top. Let rise one more hour. Oven at 375 for 25 minutes.

This is country white. You roll out the dough flat and that roll it back up like a scroll. Takes all the air pockets out. Put in on a cookie sheet over cornmeal, eggwash, cut some expansion strokes with a knife and add a bit of course salt over the top. Let rise one more hour. Oven at 375 for 25 minutes.
That loaf is big and looong. All from your breadmaker kneading the dough.

12 oz milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter
4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
3 teaspoons bread yeast

Let it knead on that knead setting and allow to rise one hour. The roll out.

Reactions: 7Critter
So it’s the regular bread recipe ? Just not baked in a pan?

It's soft like white, but has a look of Italian to it. Goes a long way for sandwiches, etc. Holds up well to sandwich fixin's.

So it’s the regular bread recipe ? Just not baked in a pan?
Yup! When I do the roll out, I do it on some light flour. It's important the dough is not too wet so it will hold shape. I put the recipe above that I use.

It's soft like white, but has a look of Italian to it. Goes a long way for sandwiches, etc. Holds up well to sandwich fixin's.
I see it has eggs and milk , which reg bread doesn’t. What is the texture like ?

Yup! When I do the roll out, I do it on some light flour. It's important the dough is not too wet so it will hold shape. I put the recipe above that I use.
You coat the outside with egg not butter? You just set the loaf on the corn meal? It’s not rolled in it?