11-23-2022 Wednesday Live Chat

Good morning everyone!

I made a trip to the store last night, to avoid today's madness. I have always been the Thanksgiving meal chef, since neither my first wife, nor the current Mrs. GWU, has ever been able to pull it off. Meh, it's easy. Start at 6 AM and done by 11:00 AM. Just my wife and I this year so I didn't go overboard. She wanted to make enough food to feed a dozen people, I had to remind her that it was just us this year and we will be giving away leftovers as it is.

Why are there no 8-lb. turkeys??? A 12 pounder is just huge for two, lol.

Not too much to do at work today, but I did want to get a couple of things done ahead of Monday. I am taking Friday off as well. Next week will be my heaviest work week since being back from cancer treatment. My employer bent over backwards keeping my schedule clear for months, for that I am forever grateful. But now it's time to shift out of second gear and get moving.

Happy Hump Day, my friends!

Last edited:
Hiya !
My mom reported shortages and rationing when she went to grocery shop at Meijer's. ( It's like a Midwest Walmart.) No parsley. No half & half or heavy cream , lots of missing frozen potato products. And limit 2 in a lot of the freezer section.
A store manager told her that they had ordered things that were never delivered.
Does anybody have anything to report ?
I haven't seen it here yet, but heard there would be shortages at some point. Guess is starting.

Hiya !
My mom reported shortages and rationing when she went to grocery shop at Meijer's. ( It's like a Midwest Walmart.) No parsley. No half & half or heavy cream , lots of missing frozen potato products. And limit 2 in a lot of the freezer section.
A store manager told her that they had ordered things that were never delivered.
Had a bit of the same here in our area this week. I luckily had ordered all my Thanksgiving stuff early so got most of it. My pick up on Sunday was the order that had many "out of stock" issues both at Meijer and Walmart. Since I do pick up, I can see what is out of stock when I go to order, and creamer, butter, cream cheese, Bob Evan's potatoes, dinner rolls and bread were showing out of stock. I was able to get two half loaves of bread at twice the price of one regular bread. And whole green beans? Forget about it! (Have some in pantry, luckily.)

Also noting that Amazon order deliveries are running 2 to 3 days behind already in this area.

1669221444271.png

Hiya !
Mr. Garnet is avoiding the stores today because of the crowds. We aren't planning anything fancy until after Thanksgiving since he has a four day weekend. Plus, there will be sales.