11-17-2021 Wednesday Live Chat

Hi gang
Hope you all have a good day and I have some fun stuff on my plate. 60° rainy , so I'm painting my shutters and a door in the shop portion of my garage. So I get fresh coffee and listen to my favorite radio, get to eat in my kitchen and use my own bathroom. And all my tools are right there !

Hey Paint, Duke, Critter. I have to leave work in an hour to take my wife to an appointment, then rush back at lunchtime. Tomorrow she has one in the morning, and one in the late afternoon.

I want to petition the government to let us deduct mileage as a medical expense, or at least use HSA money for it. Gas is just outa sight now and these frequent doctor visits are killing us at the pump.

When a good friend's Mom died a few years back, her home still had the original, black rotary wall phone (as shown above) in her kitchen. The phone was labeled "Property of the Bell System," so as he was cleaning out the house to sell it, he dutifully called AT&T (the Bell System successor) to ask how he returned the phone. The young woman he talked to didn't even know what a rotary wall phone was, so he was passed on to a supervisor. Long story short, after convincing them his call wasn't a joke, he was told he could keep the phone with AT&T's compliments.
Cool story!

Hey Paint, Duke, Critter. I have to leave work in an hour to take my wife to an appointment, then rush back at lunchtime. Tomorrow she has one in the morning, and one in the late afternoon.

I want to petition the government to let us deduct mileage as a medical expense, or at least use HSA money for it. Gas is just outa sight now and these frequent doctor visits are killing us at the pump.
Mr. Garnet would agree with you there!

• Love it
Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I am still scrambling for damage control from the data breach! So far I got the fraudulent account closed, opened a case with Identitytheft.gov, and the local police. Am currently going through my credit reports. I also realized that I hadn't even thought about Mr. Garnet, so I am having him put locks on at all three credit agencies. I am simply astounded at the amount of incompetence I am having to wade through as I contact various agencies. For instance, I called the state attorney general's office. The woman gave me another number to call, and when I asked what the number was for, she actually said "I don't know." :(

I am still scrambling for damage control from the data breach! So far I got the fraudulent account closed, opened a case with Identitytheft.gov, and the local police. Am currently going through my credit reports. I also realized that I hadn't even thought about Mr. Garnet, so I am having him put locks on at all three credit agencies. I am simply astounded at the amount of incompetence I am having to wade through as I contact various agencies. For instance, I called the state attorney general's office. The woman gave me another number to call, and when I asked what the number was for, she actually said "I don't know." :(
So sorry to hear. I hope that things get sorted.

I just finished watching the movie Family Stone:

What a fun movie. I like all the actors and the parts that they play. You can forget that you are watching a movie and enjoy the family and their qwerks. And . . it has a sad, but happy ending, if that makes sense.

I wonder if anyone has ever filed a class action law suit on behalf of those affected against companies/organizations who've had breeches?