11-17-2021 Wednesday Live Chat

I just finished watching the movie Family Stone:

What a fun movie. I like all the actors and the parts that they play. You can forget that you are watching a movie and enjoy the family and their qwerks. And . . it has a sad, but happy ending, if that makes sense.
I'm going to check that movie out!
I wonder if anyone has ever filed a class action law suit on behalf of those affected against companies/organizations who've had breeches?
There was a huge class action lawsuit against Equifax, but we missed out on filing a claim. Now it's too late.:( I guess we were being complacent, figuring that there were so many identities compromised that we didn't need to worry. Apparently, it could be years before you notice any problems, which is exactly what happened.

Reactions: Paintman
I'm going to check that movie out!

There was a huge class action lawsuit against Equifax, but we missed out on filing a claim. Now it's too late.:( I guess we were being complacent, figuring that there were so many identities compromised that we didn't need to worry. Apparently, it could be years before you notice any problems, which is exactly what happened.
Mrs Duke and I both got caught up in the big OPM breach back several years ago, fortunately we have had no impact...yet. My guess is there are far more data breaches we don't hear about than those we do. Sometimes I wonder if some of those whose systems were breached even know.

239437979_689102602010151_3032603428062288870_n.jpg

• Big Grin
Reactions: garnetsilver
I am still scrambling for damage control from the data breach! So far I got the fraudulent account closed, opened a case with Identitytheft.gov, and the local police. Am currently going through my credit reports. I also realized that I hadn't even thought about Mr. Garnet, so I am having him put locks on at all three credit agencies. I am simply astounded at the amount of incompetence I am having to wade through as I contact various agencies. For instance, I called the state attorney general's office. The woman gave me another number to call, and when I asked what the number was for, she actually said "I don't know." :(
Did you at least get your funds restored ? I am so sorry you’re going through this.

Reactions: garnetsilver