11-15-2021 Monday Live Chat

Good morning everyone!

I really need to adjust my thinking. I keep looking to the weekends to get caught up on things neglected during the work week, but since bringing my wife home from the hospital, weekends have been even more packed than week days. I get up before my alarm goes off and can't get to bed until well after midnight. It's getting really old. And so am I!
I did only one interesting thing all weekend and that was late last night. I didn't watch any TV this weekend, in fact I haven't had much TV time since September. Usually the time in front of the tube increases as the weather cools. Not this year. If this keeps up, we may be able to pitch the TV entirely soon, lol.

I recorded my first podcast last night!

A guest on the show last night (The Supernatural Hour), I have been encouraged to become a "regular" and do it twice a month with them. So hopefully I can work it into what passes for my "life", lol. I had a really great time and we did a terrific, entertaining show. 90+ minutes of recorded files will get edited down to about an hour so I can't wait to hear the finished product in a day or two. My good friend who is a leader in that group is a regular but she had to participate online, we had a laptop setup in her seat and her sound was good. Hopefully she can be there in person next time. At one point, one of the topics just struck me funny and we had to stop for a few minutes until everyone stopped laughing. I'm told their record for unintended laughter is something like ten minutes, so we didn't do too badly last night.

The salt mines beckon, will check in later as time permits. Have a great day, my friends!

Good Morning Critter, GW, everyone else. hope everyone is doing well

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
While I get the idea of asking ancestors for help due to their life experience and wisdom, it seems like something that would become less relevant as our world advances. It's one thing for a hunter/gather to seek out the advice of someone who was also a hunter/gatherer. However if I'm struggling with something like having to choose between career paths while also considering health care benefits, 401(k) retirement options and having extra funds to invest in stocks, mutual funds and Bitcoin; older family members who are still alive can barely understand some of this stuff and how it's changed since "their day".

Utah, cool beans on your first podcast.
Good morning everyone. Got to suit up and brave the cold. Working outside today.
257537909_4507510679327541_1681650920297772738_n.jpg

Welp, I am either not a smart man or I'm really dedicated to a project. Today I pressure washed the outside of my house - while it was snowing.
There should be two to four decent paint days that I can at least give it some curb appeal over the winter.

Welp, I am either not a smart man or I'm really dedicated to a project. Today I pressure washed the outside of my house - while it was snowing.
There should be two to four decent paint days that I can at least give it some curb appeal over the winter.
Paint...you are very dedicated. It's spitting snow here and coming down freezing mist when it's not. Lovely day.

Reactions: Paintman
Had to be cold and wet for about an hour and a half. Low 30's - heavy flurries ( in Chicago we have a hundred different words for snow).
The shutters are down and I can always prep those and paint them on a no-go day.
And right now I'm warming up and wearing my Dollar Store slippers !

Reactions: Debi