11-15-2021 Monday Live Chat

Hi, everyone. Totally exhausted because I have spent the past one and a half hours on the phone and/or online trying to deal with an identity theft incident. I came home from a doctor appointment, picked up my mail, and found that I had a new debit card at a bank that I don't have an account with!

So after ridiculous hold times, I finally got them to place a fraud alert on the new card, and then I proceeded to notify the identity theft government website. Following that, notifying the three credit bureaus, placing fraud alerts, etc.

Totally exhausted. How is everyone doing?
I am so sorry to hear this Garnet

Reactions: garnetsilver
Well, I played a video game and ate supper so I am a bit less stressed. I just can't believe that someone had enough of my personal info to open a bank account! The thing I can't understand is how they were going to get the debit card?:confused:

Well, I played a video game and ate supper so I am a bit less stressed. I just can't believe that someone had enough of my personal info to open a bank account! The thing I can't understand is how they were going to get the debit card?:confused:
So many hacked sites these days and our personal info gets sold on the dark web. Scary! Be sure to change any passwords that could be important, hon.

So many hacked sites these days and our personal info gets sold on the dark web. Scary! Be sure to change any passwords that could be important, hon.
Google did inform me some time ago that my identity had been compromised on the dark web, so I put freezes on all three credit bureau accounts. But apparently all you need is a social security number to open an account. I've got a list of places to notify; so stressful.

Google did inform me some time ago that my identity had been compromised on the dark web, so I put freezes on all three credit bureau accounts. But apparently all you need is a social security number to open an account. I've got a list of places to notify; so stressful.
Change those passwords, hon. Seriously.

Hi Debi , Garnet. I was back in the library.