10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Mess With An Empath, EVER

Input from one resident empath for you. Of course, I can’t speak for all empathic people.

As for me, yes I can tell when someone is lying but only when they are speaking live. I can’t identify a written lie nor an audio/video taped one either.

The sign is when the messanger’s emotions are completely incongruous with their spoken words. For some reason it seems that even when a person is very well practiced at making a false statement, their actual emotions are still evident.

By the way, I don’t find other unrelated emotions to cause interference in these instances. For example, if someone is seriously worried about a family manner, those emotions don’t seem to confuse nor interfer with their verbal message in a way that could cause their words to be accidentally interpreted as a lie. A purposeful lie seems to have a distinct feel. [Strangely, it is similar to what it feels like for me at least when I am watching a stage play live. Unfortunately in that case I already know at the start that the actors’ words and their inner emotions will almost always be incongruous.]

Corrective edit: It was three occurrences with my ex; and two of the three sleeping connections were empathic perceptions of her pain or illness (like high temperature or extreme menstrual cramps). The third was a perception of the text of her conscious thoughts. But in all three instances she is the one who volunteered the accuracy of my psychic hit. Sorry for any confusions.

The menstrual cramps was a really odd empathic feeling. Not having the right biological parts in my body but feeling the pain and the cramps was frightening as well as intrusive or invasive. Certainly it was a very “private” thing.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Corrective edit: It was three occurrences with my ex; and two of the three sleeping connections were empathic perceptions of her pain or illness (like high temperature or extreme menstrual cramps). The third was a perception of the text of her conscious thoughts. But in all three instances she is the one who volunteered the accuracy of my psychic hit. Sorry for any confusions.

The menstrual cramps was a really odd empathic feeling. Not having the right biological parts in my body but feeling the pain and the cramps was frightening as well as intrusive or invasive. Certainly it was a very “private” thing.
Finally a man that can understand lol