10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Mess With An Empath, EVER

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
Empaths are truly gifted people in many ways. They are masters of reading body language and have no trouble reading your mind too. They innately know what you are thinking but not telling, even if you are not aware of it.

It is a rare gift which makes them what they are – empaths. They sense the feelings of others as their own which makes them great listeners and trouble-solvers.

Empaths have one rare trait that makes them even more powerful – these people are experts in human psychology. They need just one look towards a person and they can tell immediately if that person is a liar, faker, or evil, so they can protect themselves before hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
source / more here including the ten reasons: 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Mess With An Empath, EVER
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone on this forum is angry at me, please tell me before you take any action. :) - Critter

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
Reminds me of the one time I started talking to a buddy about something I was sure he was telling me about it before. Judging by the shock on his face he never actually told me anything about it. That made for an interesting conversation........

Since when have you ever upset someone? That seems like a rarity, at least since I joined the forum
I half jokingly said that. Yes, I try to get along with everyone. I come to this forum to help others, not to be critical. Since Debi has given me forum maintenance privileges, I enjoy that as well.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
Reactions: Debi
Input from one resident empath for you. Of course, I can’t speak for all empathic people.

As for me, yes I can tell when someone is lying but only when they are speaking live. I can’t identify a written lie nor an audio/video taped one either.

The sign is when the messanger’s emotions are completely incongruous with their spoken words. For some reason it seems that even when a person is very well practiced at making a false statement, their actual emotions are still evident.

By the way, I don’t find other unrelated emotions to cause interference in these instances. For example, if someone is seriously worried about a family manner, those emotions don’t seem to confuse nor interfer with their verbal message in a way that could cause their words to be accidentally interpreted as a lie. A purposeful lie seems to have a distinct feel. [Strangely, it is similar to what it feels like for me at least when I am watching a stage play live. Unfortunately in that case I already know at the start that the actors’ words and their inner emotions will almost always be incongruous.]

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter and Debi